BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to my dealer this morning for the 600 mile check. While in the waiting room with two other LT owners and joking about how many times we have dropped our bikes, the maintenance babe entered carrying the clipboard of doom. She is very good looking... Probably to ease the pain of what she has on the clipboard. One of the LT owners, just out of warranty, needed a new ABS computer and that would be $2300, please. Holy Moly!

He decided to have them reset the fault light and go home and think about it for awhile. Yikes!

·
Registered
495 Posts
Year?

What year is your LT & what was the vintage of the one that needed the ABS computer - I suspect the latter was an '03 or earlier... Haven't heard of problems with the '05s or '06s - even with lots of miles - yet.... :cool:

·
Registered
13,451 Posts

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,175 Posts
grifscoots said:
What? Didn't your read the post? He said the maintenance babe was very good looking.
Yes, but still no picture of the boat...!!!:D

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine is an '06; his must have been an '03 if it is just out of warranty.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I learned a long time ago that when you have a high tech piece of machinery to buy extended warranties. When the warranty is up, sell it, and start over! I have an '05, and my extended warranty ends in '10. My '05 will be history in '09.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts