BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to do a complete ABS pump removal. I will be replacing the front and rear hoses, removing the pump and pipes, leaving the 'abs brain' in place. Am I missing anything. I would have it rebuilt but Module Masters has been saying soon for months if not years

·
Registered
2017 R1200RT
298 Posts
Did my 06 LT about six years ago. Went direct with SS Spieglers from the master cylinder to the calibers and all worked well.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
87 Posts
Did the by-pass two years ago, left everything in place. I just plugged the lines to the pump, connected the lines direct to calipers, and removed the relay to avoid seeing the flashing light. I have not gone into the dash to remove the lone bulb still illuminated.

Have run the diagnostics on three different occasions using GS911, multiple times each occasion and the fault is not showing up.

Thinking possibly the stuck rear pressure valve has been cleared and functioning properly now. Thought about unplugging/re-connecting to see if the fault comes back.

Any advice concerning this would be appreciated, because it is a lot of labor in order test out my theory.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,171 Posts
Thinking possibly the stuck rear pressure valve has been cleared and functioning properly now. Thought about unplugging/re-connecting to see if the fault comes back.

Any advice concerning this would be appreciated, because it is a lot of labor in order test out my theory.
Yes often that fault can be cleared by removing the relief valve and manually exercising it. You may be OK.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi I am new to this forum I just deleted my abs unit on my K 1200 LT yesterday and so far all the signals and brake lights work and the brakes are great I removed the abs unit and plumed the brake hoses back together in the space where the abs unit was I just took the electronic part of the abs unit off and unplugged the crap inside of it silicone the open part up and hooked the big plug back to it. so far it's cost me about $15.00 in brake fittings and a tube of silicne . Hope that helps .

·
Registered
250 Posts
I see your new address. Have you moved out of Monroe for good. Hope maybe that I can ride up to see you guys, if spring ever gets here.
Leon

·
Registered
87 Posts
Notahog - yes moved in 02/09/2018. You're always welcome here! Weather here is all over the board, 5 inches snow on Wednesday by 0900, nothing left by 1700. Won't be long before Spring makes it up the hill.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Notahog - yes moved in 02/09/2018. You're always welcome here! Weather here is all over the board, 5 inches snow on Wednesday by 0900, nothing left by 1700. Won't be long before Spring makes it up the hill.
Looking forward to seeing you soon. You are going to need some snow tires on the GS for the snow.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Yes often that fault can be cleared by removing the relief valve and manually exercising it. You may be OK.
My question is how do you get access to the valves while the pump is still on the bike or does it have to be removed and rebled?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts