BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had my tires changed at the BMW dealer, and now my front brake is pulsing/grabbing terribly when slowing/stopping.

Anybody know the cause?

·
Registered
718 Posts
If the grabbing/pulsing frequency changes with ground speed, it is probably a warped or bent rotor. Don't think I have heard of a warped rotor on an LT, so I am wondering if it could have gotten damaged in the tire machine somehow.

·
Registered
805 Posts
The possibilities that I can think of include: misaligned or improperly installed front wheel (allowing it to wobble; any change in how the bike tracks or corners?); bent rotor; cocked or wracked or sticking piston(s) in the caliper(s); improperly installed calipers. Call the dealer, someone at the shop should have noticed this before the bike was released to you.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Clean The Rotors

slski said:
I just had my tires changed at the BMW dealer, and now my front brake is pulsing/grabbing terribly when slowing/stopping.

Anybody know the cause?
You must have some tire mounting goop on the rotors. Use some good neutral PH wheel cleaner, like P21S on the wheel, rotors, and calipers. You imply the ABS system is kicking in. Are the ABS indication lights flashing? Normally you have to lock up the front wheel to activate the ABS.

What year is your LT? BMW or Brembo brakes?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts