BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

The electronics on my pressure modulator have failed.....Does anyone know of an electronic repair kit for this unit (control unit + 4 ceramic sensors)?

Thanks, Z.

·
Registered
832 Posts
ZL66658 said:
Hey Everyone,

The electronics on my pressure modulator have failed.....Does anyone know of an electronic repair kit for this unit (control unit + 4 ceramic sensors)?

Thanks, Z.
Not sure. I need a abs modulator for my GSA........$ 2468.59 (US) new.
Hope you do not need one of those. They tell me that they are not rebuildable.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Re: ABS Pressure Modulator FTE 05

Hi there,

Whats the nature/symptoms of the deffect in your unit?
Is it a full integral system?
BMW would sell us the whole unit for that ammount....and it should cost like a couple of hundred Dollars for just the control board and its sensors...Hell $500 tops! They have referb. kits for ABS from that same manufacturer for BMW cars...
I'd rather not install a used/salvaged hydraulic system but as far as the electronics are concerned...I don't mind. (i'm down to my third unit since 05.....)
Everything is basically rebuildable...as long as we have the torque values and the boards...I've dismanteled one of my old units...its rather simplistic. If your problem is Mechanical...consider it solved I'll send you one of my old ones. Just replace the contol board with yours and the front and rear ceramic pressure sensors whithin the unit..I'll guide you through it if needed..

Lets first focus on finding the electronics from the manufacturers "LEAR" &/or "RUWEL" for the control board circuit and ceramic pressure sensors. FTE for the Hydraulics....

Hope to stay in touch and join forces,a lot of bikers could benefit from this...

Thanks for your reply,

Regards, Z.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: ABS Pressure Modulator FTE 05

I've wrote a letter to FTEs'head office.....Awaiting their reply...

BMW Lebanon is also trying to help...

Z.

K1200LT 05
Montauk 1200C 04
GS 650 04
GS 650 03

1 - 4 of 4 Posts