BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever tried to repair a leaking ABS modulator unit? The oil is not leaking from the brake line connections but from the front of the unit.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,171 Posts
It is a pretty complex item to tear down and parts are not readily available. I do have some photos that Mark Neblett took of a unit (failed of course) that he tore apart but they are on the work computer. I'll post them tomorrow and you can judge for yourself if you want to tackle it or live with the drip.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Leak location

It appears like the leak is at the base of the two canisters "servo motors?" in the front bottom of the modulator unit. It is hard to tell because the frame gets in the way. On the picture, the base of the outer most servo motor is wet with brake fluid. The brake fluid will leak even if the bike is not used and over time will empty the brake reservoir in the rear of the bike. I've checked all of the brake line connections and they are dry.
Anyone got a spare modular unit laying around they don't need?
Bill

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,175 Posts
Mr_Bill said:
Anyone got a spare modular unit laying around they don't need?
Bill
Try Tony (Deputy5211 on this site) at www.ltparts.com. He may have a spare for your bike.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,171 Posts
Here are the pics I had.Oooops work computer won't let me post them. I'll do it from home tonite.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,171 Posts
Ok Here we go.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,121 Posts
Mr_Bill said:
John, thanks for the pictures, I think I'll just try to find a used unit.
After seeing those pics, I think that would be my choice also :rolleyes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts