BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
i have a k1200lt from year 2005 and had a problem with the front brake and now after flushing the fluid with doth 4 the light start blinking and if i hit the brake and release it the abs motor is still running ,what could i do wrong,can some one help me out.will appreciate this
thanks har

·
Premium Member
3,108 Posts
My guess is that you thought the master cylinder on the handle-bar was where you add the fluid for a flush. This is not the case, your fluid is probably just low.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
deanwoolsey said:
My guess is that you thought the master cylinder on the handle-bar was where you add the fluid for a flush. This is not the case, your fluid is probably just low.
how could it done, i did it the same way as decribed already,maybe its more different for this bike,can you give me some advice

·
Premium Member
3,108 Posts
It depends which brake system you have. Some have two filler caps under the rear seat. Some have one filler cap under the rear seat and one on the handle-bar. Some have to be filled at the ABS unit (I think). Mine is a 2000 and has one on the bar and one under the rear seat. Check carefully under the rear seat. You are looking for two round caps on the right hand side of the bike. Make sure you use the proper fluid as marked on the caps.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,257 Posts
hcruiser58 said:
how could it done, i did it the same way as decribed already,maybe its more different for this bike,can you give me some advice
The fluid that comes out of the front calipers is from a reservoir ON the ABS unit not the reservoir on the handle bars.

In the photo I show the funnel in the rear wheel circuit reservoir. The front wheel circuit reservoir is inboard and the taller of the two. If this is new information for you I will provide more asistance in another post. It is easy to fix.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts