BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi was out for the first ride of the year.all my service is complete now

when i got to about 30mph i got alternating lights flashing abs failure & hazerd on the dash
everything feels fine. i did not have the brake system apart except for the front brake cylender was removed from the bars but not opened hydrolicly to change throttle cables. i did have the bike running in gear on the hoist to warn final drive & tranny fluids before draining. i did have the battrey unhooked at some point.
any suggestions i find this forum better than the dealer or manual

for such info

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
bobst2 said:
hi was out for the first ride of the year.all my service is complete now

when i got to about 30mph i got alternating lights flashing abs failure & hazerd on the dash
everything feels fine. i did not have the brake system apart except for the front brake cylender was removed from the bars but not opened hydrolicly to change throttle cables. i did have the bike running in gear on the hoist to warn final drive & tranny fluids before draining. i did have the battrey unhooked at some point.
any suggestions i find this forum better than the dealer or manual

for such info
hi - don't know what year your LT is, butt I've heard that if you run the bike in gear, with the rear wheel off the ground, there will be an ABS fault thrown because the unit sees two different speeds in the wheel sensors and thinks there is a problem in traction. Don't know if that is your cause, and I'm not sure how to clear the fault, other than borrow a GS-911 from someone, or let the dealer clear the fault. Hopefully, an ABS guru will chime in here shortly.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Yes running through the gears while on a hoist caused the abs lights. I also learned this the hard way. ABS will have to be cleared with gs-911 or dealer.

·
Premium Member
3,108 Posts
Try unhooking the battery and touching the positive and negative cables together. This should clear the capacitor memory in the computer. It will also clear all the radio presets. Be sure to do the throttle reset after reconnection.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,099 Posts
OK this is a 2002 bike and the faults will self clear once the cause is fixed. No need to undo the battery. You have the classic "wig-wag" lights which is normally caused by low fluid in one or both of the rear reservoir chambers. Add some fluid and all will be well again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts