BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!

First of all, I tried to find some information at "Hall of W."

Look, my K1200LT is manufactured in autumn 2000. I understood that my bike do not have integral ABS III which came to bikes manufactured in 2001 april or may. I think that my bike has ABS II which means that I have to use the brake-pedal for rearwheel, right?

I was just out on a ride and there on the locket where I hold my wallet under the trip (cassettepalyer): Caution! Integral braking system with electric brake booster

Does this means that I do not have to use the brake pedal at all (if I don´t want to), the system uses both tires when braking ?!

Thanks for you answers!

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
I know in Europe that the model years on some BMW were about 1 year ahead of the US. My 2001 does not have the Integral braking system with electric brake booster that came out in 2002 in the US.
But there is an easy way to tell, do you hear a whine sound when applying the brakes. If you have the power assisted brakes you should be able to here the electric whine.
By the way you should still use the rear brake peddle, it will apply much less front brake at first. This may help at slower speeds in not dumping the bike at a stop sign and such.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
amarider said:
But there is an easy way to tell, do you hear a whine sound when applying the brakes. If you have the power assisted brakes you should be able to here the electric whine.
By the way you should still use the rear brake peddle, it will apply much less front brake at first. This may help at slower speeds in not dumping the bike at a stop sign and such.
Hi and thanks for your answer! O yes, I here the electric, high, whine sound always I use the brakes!

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
In the US if the calipers have the word "Brembo" cast into the visible side of the calipers then they are NOT linked. If they say "BMW" they ARE the latest generation are linked.

My '01 has Brembo on the casting, hence they are not linked. From what I've read I think like it this way...........

Loren

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is BMW on the brake calipers :)

Funny thing, the "caution"-text does also say "read the manual!" and the manual knows nothing about this...

I downloaded couple of months ago manual för K1200LT 2004-model and that manual had another information than mine for K1200LT 2001. So you can´t consider the manual as Bible..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts