BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, finally got the dreaded alternating ABS blink. Hooked up the VOM to the brown/blue diag wire socket and got the 7 blink (ABS control unit) code. Just for the heck of it, tried the pin 21/blown-blue wire ground reset procedure and all it did was stop the blink to a solid "ON" on one of them. Turned the key off and then on again and the alternating started once again.

Even tried tapping on the hydraulic unit during start up to try and shake loose whatever might be binding valves/pump etc. I reckon the control unit is truly fried. And yes, I did full brake fluid flush every season. Maybe after 8 years, these things just die. I knew I should have sold this sucker last season.

Anybody know of anything else to try before I start scouring the salvage market? No way am I spending $2000K+ to fix this on an 8 year old bike. I'll ride sans ABS first.

·
Registered
2015 K1600GTL Exclusive
167 Posts
Had the same problem last year. Flushed my whole system including the ABS Modulator. Brakes have been working fine ever since. :bmw:

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,168 Posts
Russell took the words right out of my mouth. I was going to suggest a full flush and try the reset again. Many have succeeded with that approach.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the hope. I'll give the flush a go. Either way, I'm going to make a permanent reset switch on that %@#[email protected]& connector. Even though its an
ABS2, no reset switch from the factory. :mad: Why they have it on the R1100RS/RT/GS/R and not the LT is another Teutonic mystery. :confused:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts