BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to purchase a 2007 and want to know if there is anything i should know or look for. The bike has 18k miles on it and is asking $12,650.00. Is this a good price? The bike looks absolutely clean.

Does this bike have good excelleration? I have read that the stereo speakers are not good at highway speeds? Is this still an issue?

·
Registered
511 Posts
Welcome aboard!

You should have no issues, just make sure all of the accessories work including the hydraulic center stand. The rear wheel should have no play. Maintenance is no big deal but I would ask when it was last serviced and by who.

Price sounds reasonable.

Ride it and ENJOY!

Mugz

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
portlanddanno said:
I am about to purchase a 2007 and want to know if there is anything i should know or look for. The bike has 18k miles on it and is asking $12,650.00. Is this a good price? The bike looks absolutely clean.

Does this bike have good excelleration? I have read that the stereo speakers are not good at highway speeds? Is this still an issue?
Great acceleration
Radio on my 09 is fine at 80mph (not that I got a ticket on Tuesday for doing 87)
Price does not seem bad

Good luck!

·
Registered
577 Posts
The radio has the option of auto adjusting the volume to background noise. It works very well with my autocomm. I use ear plugs to reduce the wind noise and speakers sound better with ear plugs then without.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Dan, with respect to acceleration, I ride with a couple of Yamaha FJRs and a Kawi Concours. I ride an '01, and can pretty much stay right with them up to about 100. After that, the LT dies out, and they leave me. On tight twisty roads, none of them can lose the LT. You'll have to get used to running in the higher RPM range, but she can get up and dance.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have an 09 and can hear the radio just fine at 100 MPH. That is one of the things that you will discover with the LT. It is so smooth and quiet you will be going much faster than you think you are. Pay attention. The acceleration on mine is just fine. I came from a 98 Harley Super Glide with a 96 inch S&S motor. The LT is much faster.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
+1 on the music form your helmet I agree.

The only time I ever had any problems was in a BAD cross wind.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
One other thing you're going to appreciate, living up there in rain country, is the protection from the elements that this bike offers. I used to live in Oregon City and rode a GoldWing back and forth to work in Portland. It didn't compare to how dry you'll stay on the LT.

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
Look carefully at the intersection of the trany and the engine for any signs of seepage.

The speakers are fine, better than fine. The amp can drive them loud. The problem is hearing through your helmet.

Hope you love her.
Bob

·
Registered
159 Posts
Watch out for your grass growing long, the paint on your house peeling, and the leaves not getting raked. You aren't going to want to miss a single minute of riding time doing chores! :histerica

1 - 11 of 11 Posts