BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear all,

I'm looking for an information about the K1200LT produced in 2007 and after this year.

In the previous production this bike was equipped with the Integral ABS braking system.
This braking system has an electric sovrapressure pump that act as a servobrake system.
This system was used on many model of BMW, but in late 2006 it was not more used, for some problems about its reliability.

My question is: after 2006 also on K1200LT it was not more used?

Another question: until when the K1200LT was sold in USA?

Many thanks for any answer.

Marco

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Dear all,

I'm looking for an information about the K1200LT produced in 2007 and after this year.

In the previous production this bike was equipped with the Integral ABS braking system.
This braking system has an electric sovrapressure pump that act as a servobrake system.
This system was used on many model of BMW, but in late 2006 it was not more used, for some problems about its reliability.

My question is: after 2006 also on K1200LT it was not more used?

Another question: until when the K1200LT was sold in USA?

Many thanks for any answer.

Marco

Related to Integral-ABS system, the K1200LT is an exception in BMW production:
The K1200LT is probably the only BMW where they choose NOT to replace the IABS with next ABS generation (non servos) for 2007 and later. All other large engine models (1200 and up) got the new simpler (non servos) by TEVE beginning late 2006.

Of course, BMW knew very well they were planning to end production of K1200LT in 2008 so why bother with engineering changes for a limited production model - by that time the K1200LT was not selling in very large number.

SO... all 2001-2009 have a similar Integral-ABS system with servos. Only difference is the 2005-2009 have the ABS unit installed horizontally under seat. The 2001-2004 had the ABS unit installed vertically and needed a separate 2 section brake fluid reservoir.

ABOUT the PRODUCTION DATES:
the BMW part calatog shows JULY-2008 as the last production month for K1200LT for both USA and EUROPE market. BUT, this means very little as each country can sell these as 2009 model if they choose. In USA the dealers sold a few 2009 but I do not have official production numbers for each year.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many thanks for your answer.

About production dates... In Italy K1200LT was sold until middle 2010, and I thought that these units were produced in 2009... but after your post now I think that the producion was in the last months of 2008.

Marco

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I asked BMW for total production run numbers for the LT. But was told they couldn't give me that info.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts