BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI. I made a call to AAA to ensure that my Plus membership would cover motorcycle towing and was told that I needed to upgrade to the RV coverage.

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
I just checked my AAA coverage which is aaa + and it specifically states that it includes Motorcycle and RV towing. Maybe texas coverage is different than Ga.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
AAA doesn't offer that in Ohio either at least as of July 2005 when I asked them if I could get it.

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
In California, AAA plus does not cover motorcycles, but the RV additional coverage does. It was about $26/year additional, I used it three times, good results every time. One tow, one flat tire, one dead battery. The dead battery was the result of sitting by a busy freeway with the flat tire using the emergency flashers. After the AAA tow truck left once we got the tire situation straightened out ( I had plugged the tire, could not inflate it, tow truck operator put air tank on it and we found a SECOND nail hole!), Then I found the battery was too low to start the bike. Another AAA call, different truck came and jump started me.

About an hour after every AAA assist, I got a phone call from AAA asking if I was taken care of and back on the road! Good service for me.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Last summer, in preparation for my BunBurner ride, I checked with Progressive and found out I already had tow coverage (I think to the nearest dealer) even in Canada.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mkiesel said:
Last summer, in preparation for my BunBurner ride, I checked with Progressive and found out I already had tow coverage (I think to the nearest dealer) even in Canada.
I was confused about my coverage with Progressive. It stated "we'll tow your vehicle to the nearest qualified repair facility or to any facility you choose within 15 miles of the nearest qualified repair facility."

I was afraid of what they considered "qualified".

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
kaygee said:
"we'll tow your vehicle to the nearest qualified repair facility or to any facility you choose within 15 miles of the nearest qualified repair facility."
As far as I'm concerned BMW is the only qualified repair facility. Guess where they are towing me if needed? :p I know, here comes the firestorm on what dealer is qualified. ;)

Got many miles on the bike since I was over there??

Cheers.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
AAA + RV cover it in California, but even do I do have it, I found that Good San is much better.
They tow you at the nearest dealer/repair, with NO miles limit. (AAA has a miles limit).

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Steve_R said:
Got many miles on the bike since I was over there??

Cheers.
What's up Steve? I'm up to 10K now. Usually only get to ride on Saturday or Sunday (I'm just a poser). I just ordered a Russell seat so I am looking forward to many more miles. We need to ride out sometimes. Keep me in mind when planning.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Check AARP

Has anyone checked out the AARP travel coverage for motorcycle???

·
IBR# 366
16,560 Posts
Nor for another 25 years, or so. :)

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Before I left for CCR 2004, I checked with AAA in CT about cycle coverage. I was told that I needed the RV coverage and I had the Plus coverage, besides, the RV coverage was not available in CT.

Fast forward several weeks to Badlands National Park with 2 bulges on the rear sidewall, and the nearest BMW dealer 100 miles away in Sturgis. The tow truck operator has me call AAA on his cell. They tell me that I am covered for up to 100 miles.

Tow driver happy, I'm happy, who cared if AAA was happy. Haven't asked any more questions since!

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
yup it's always been like that

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
kaygee said:
FYI. I made a call to AAA to ensure that my Plus membership would cover motorcycle towing and was told that I needed to upgrade to the RV coverage.

also remember that coverage is not alway's available in every state,

you may want to check into the Allstate towing from Koa
http://koa.com/rvroadhelp/

the package is much better with NO limit on towing distance and it is less expensive than AAA + RV

Good luck

1 - 14 of 14 Posts