BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2000 LT is a joy to ride and has been for over 2 years. I am an IBA member and hope to do a CC50 this spring but I always worried about the final drive failure. A couple of months ago I decided that even with 43000 miles I would feel better if my final drive was rebuilt. I contacted Saddleman. I have an account at work with UPS so I shipped it out and included the label to ship it back.

It was barely gone for a week. I was impressed. The masking tape I placed over the speedo sensor hole was returned with a rubber plug in it. The fill and drain plugs appeared to have new crush washers. The old parts were all in a plastic bag and it was neatly packed with a receipt and a lifetime labor warranty.

Saddleman said he has done about a hundred of these and no returns. I feel much better and I would highly recommend him. The best $400 I have spent on this bike.

THANK YOU SADDLEMAN and all the forum members who have no idea their posts have helped me in some way. :wave

·
Registered
45 Posts
My 2000 LT is a joy to ride and has been for over 2 years. I am an IBA member and hope to do a CC50 this spring but I always worried about the final drive failure. A couple of months ago I decided that even with 43000 miles I would feel better if my final drive was rebuilt. I contacted Saddleman. I have an account at work with UPS so I shipped it out and included the label to ship it back.

It was barely gone for a week. I was impressed. The masking tape I placed over the speedo sensor hole was returned with a rubber plug in it. The fill and drain plugs appeared to have new crush washers. The old parts were all in a plastic bag and it was neatly packed with a receipt and a lifetime labor warranty.

Saddleman said he has done about a hundred of these and no returns. I feel much better and I would highly recommend him. The best $400 I have spent on this bike.

THANK YOU SADDLEMAN and all the forum members who have no idea their posts have helped me in some way. :wave
I will probably do the same when I get my LT, these FD's need to be set up properly.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts

Yea. He is the go to for final drives. And piece of mind knowing it will not ever be an issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts