BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From a line due southwest of Duluth, around the top of the compass to a line due southeast, when you are riding outside of civilization you are in the Great North Woods. Much of it will be National Forest and Indian Reservation land. We are all used to the odd critter leaping out in front of us no matter where we ride, but in the Woods, you have an entire palette of critters to think about -- raccoons, bobcats, porcupines, foxes, turkey, coyotes, lots of deer, wolves, black bear, mountain lion, all the way on up to possibilities for elk and moose. And Stevie, these are not Texas deer. So keep your attention tuned up and have a safe ride in, and another GREAT Reunion! See you in a few.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
I heard that! Yesterday on M117 north in Michigan I had to hit the throttle and out pace a horned rat. Thankfully I was in a low enough gear. Almost got some turkey too. :(

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
I get especially intimidated when I see the semi's with the massive guards on the front, especially those from Canada.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Deer are like birds here, especially at dusk and dawn. I live in town and see as many in the neighborhoods here as out on the open roads. Keep your eyes peeled even if you are riding around in town.

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
We went out to dinner with Mike and Gretchen this evening at New Scenic Cafe www.newsceniccafe.com on North Shore Drive, didn't see any critters but had my eyes wide open :D

Check 'em out, pretty cool place with a great view of Lake Superior.

Too bad it was dark when we left but the almost full moon was glistening off of the water.

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,603 Posts
Barrett I'll have you know it has been a "Deer free" trip so far.Have seen 5 or 6 DEAD porcupines, a few ***** , a coyote or 2 plus about a thousand dead butterflies on my windshield. But we still have today so we'll stay awake.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.