BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've been looking at the Motorcycle Scotland Website and have decided to have a run to Portpatrick and back, along the route called "A Taste Of Galloway" on the site. The first half is secondary roads and the return will be along main roads, though I doubt they'll be all that quick even so! :)

The route map is shown here and there are downloadable files for TomTom and Garmin GPSs. The Garmin one drops right into MapSource for download to your unit so I guess the TomTom one will be similar.

This will not be an organised run. British courts have made judgements that mean an organiser would need third-party insurance so this is just a pointer to anyone else who might like to do the same route.

Keith

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hmmmm....... looks like an interesting route, Keith, J. & I may also try it - could see you on the road........

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It'll probably be worth asking the guys at the Buccleugh Arms about any suitable cafes on the route. That way we could agree where we'll stop and we can catch up with each other but run at our own pace in between. Getting the right speed for a group is almost impossible, IME. Some people will be bored to death and others will be running too quickly for comfort so something looser suits me better anyway.

Keith

1 - 3 of 3 Posts