BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was doing the air/fuel filter change and after assembling the tank and tank cage I thought I should check for leaks at the clamps. Good thing, and I was able to replace the leaking clamp without pulling the tank again, but to get to it I had to unplug a few things and move the wires out of the way. I was sure I only unplugged 3 connectors that I easily plugged in again but I realize I have an extra plug suddenly... phffft!

So I looked and looked but see nothing that is missing s connector so I am at a loss. Can anyone point me in the right direction about this errant connector and the rider who is confused by it?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Take a look and see if it isn't a plug for a power outlet. Same thing happened to me, but it was on the left side, by the tip-over wing. Had me going until I got it sorted out.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I believe it's there in case you ever wanted to add a power outlet to the right side, like the one installed by the factory on the left. It would be plug and play.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SEXYDUC said:
I believe it's there in case you ever wanted to add a power outlet to the right side, like the one installed by the factory on the left. It would be plug and play.

I'll be... you guys are right, as soon as I saw the one on the left-side I recognized it by the same connector type.

Sheesh, thanks for the help... I was going crazy trying to figure out where it came from!!!

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
I think you're right Tim, mine is on the left, and there's an extra outlet on the right. Good call.

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
A spare "Power"outlet. Use it later for accessory requiring switched power.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Checked out your blog--nice...:thumb:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts