BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I'm waiting for the BMW Bluetooth systems to arrive, I went to pair my Scala Cardo G4 headset to my bike. The BMW pairing instructions say don't allow any Bluetooth device to be on within range of the bike -- they are not kidding.

I did something that others may inadvertantly do: In order to pair with the bike, you have to turn the ignition on. If you have a Nav IV installed, it comes on when you turn on the ignition! Duh. Once I figured this out and removed/turned off the Nav IV, my G4 paired almost immediately.

HTH someone!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I paired my G4 no problem with the GPS Nav IV turned on. It is already connected to my G4. The only problem when I paired the G4 to the bike there was no sound on the G4.

Garry

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
garry_kramer said:
I paired my G4 no problem with the GPS Nav IV turned on. It is already connected to my G4. The only problem when I paired the G4 to the bike there was no sound on the G4.

Garry
Garry, did you get the no sound problem sorted? My G4 paired ok, and at first I did not have sound. If I recall correctly, after I turned the bike off and back on, turned on the radio, and turned up the volume, I had sound in the headset.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
mneblett said:
Garry, did you get the no sound problem sorted? My G4 paired ok, and at first I did not have sound. If I recall correctly, after I turned the bike off and back on, turned on the radio, and turned up the volume, I had sound in the headset.
I haven't tried that, did you turn up the volume using the multi-controller? When I tried to use the volume on the Nav IV and it said to use the headset volume.

Garry

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
garry_kramer said:
I haven't tried that, did you turn up the volume using the multi-controller?
Trying to remember (CRS strikes again!) I *believe * had to turn up the radio volume with the multicontroller wheel -- I don't know whether it was because the system turned volume down when shifting from bike speakers to Bluetooth, or (more likely) in my radio On button pushes, I inadvertantly muted the radio.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts