BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of the reviews have noted, it appears the passenger grab handles are too close to the pillion seat to be grabbed. The following is pure speculation :D

As you browse the K16 parts fiches Herr Meese so kindly pointed us to, you'll see no pricing for any new K16 parts, but prices automatically populated for part numbers already in existence. (an aside: 72 frickin' bucks for an iPod adapter?!? unfrickin'believable!!)

The grab rails are priced, indicating they are common to other models.

I'll bet someone at BMW AG said "Let's reuse the R12RT (or K12/K13) grab rails!" -- without thinking about whether the pillion seat was wider than the R12 (or K12/K13) seat.

I'll give good odds that there is a revised grab rail issued within a year of all of the pillion complaints (and related lost spouse-controlled sales) rolling in ...

·
Registered
268 Posts
The GTL is different from the GT, as it adds a spacer behind the pillion, so it's recycled directly from another bike. Btw, my SO found the grab handles fine.. but she has small hands.

·
Registered
69 Posts
mneblett said:
As some of the reviews have noted, it appears the passenger grab handles are too close to the pillion seat to be grabbed. The following is pure speculation :D

As you browse the K16 parts fiches Herr Meese so kindly pointed us to, you'll see no pricing for any new K16 parts, but prices automatically populated for part numbers already in existence. (an aside: 72 frickin' bucks for an iPod adapter?!? unfrickin'believable!!)

The grab rails are priced, indicating they are common to other models.

I'll bet someone at BMW AG said "Let's reuse the R12RT (or K12/K13) grab rails!" -- without thinking about whether the pillion seat was wider than the R12 (or K12/K13) seat.

I'll give good odds that there is a revised grab rail issued within a year of all of the pillion complaints (and related lost spouse-controlled sales) rolling in ...
seat changed for us models easy grab handles

·
Registered
32 Posts
ashley12 said:
no guess seat handle changed received from BMW
Could you provide a little more information. Perhaps, what information from BMW? When was it received? From who? Etc...

There are a lot of us that are pretty up to date with everything, but I haven't seen anything on this at all.

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
and all this time I thought drinking plenty of beer was to supply the proper grab handles. darn, wrong again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts