BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished changing out the reflectors on my LT's saddlebads with Rider West Saddlebag LED lights. WOW!!! :D :D :D Not only is the bike easier to see from the rear now but the additional turn signals are awesome! What a great safety feature.

I purchased the kit from Raffy (www.motogear4you.com) and found the installation instructions very clear even for a neophyte like me. :)

I highly recommend these lights to all!

·
Cooler on the east coast!!!
1,245 Posts
I just checked them out. They look like a good safety feature.

·
BMW Guru
8,469 Posts
I LOVE the way those look on a bike at night. Just been too lazy to put them on:eek:

Guess I better call Raffy...

·
Registered
198 Posts
Added to my growing wish list.

Next up are bluetooth headsets to go with my Zumo.

After looking through the site I suspect the list is going to get much longer.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I agree. They exceeded my expectations.

When I first heard of these I had a ho-hum attitude. At CCR two years ago I watched Raffy's guy install a set on a bike. I still didn't "get it".

Later on I ended up with a set. Installed them on a Winter day when I had little else to do. It gave me an excuse to dig into the bike again, which is always instructive. When I fired them up, I was surprised how good they looked. The LEDs are really crisp and bright compared to the stock bulbs, and the wig-wag turn signal effect is neat.

Now I'm sure EVERYONE will order a set!

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,459 Posts
wcarter said:
I agree. They exceeded my expectations.

When I first heard of these I had a ho-hum attitude. At CCR two years ago I watched Raffy's guy install a set on a bike. I still didn't "get it".

Later on I ended up with a set. Installed them on a Winter day when I had little else to do. It gave me an excuse to dig into the bike again, which is always instructive. When I fired them up, I was surprised how good they looked. The LEDs are really crisp and bright compared to the stock bulbs, and the wig-wag turn signal effect is neat.

Now I'm sure EVERYONE will order a set!
And the same list member doing those saddlebag lights also does the tip over bumper lights. I'm pretty sure Raffy is gonna/is carrying those also. I've got a set (amber along the frontal edge and red along the trailing edge, with a gap at the bend where the bumper hits the ground in a tipover). Gotta git ole Toad back together and bofus on the road, and then I'll take pics.

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
Yep, I've had them on my last 2 LTs and don't think I would go without them. They really enhance your visibility, especially at night. I rarely have problems from cars behind me when I change lanes, either.

·
Premium Member
7,827 Posts
10-4 on that. It's one of the best, maybe THE best, thing I've done to the LT. It works, it looks stock, it's priced fairly, and it improves visibility.

·
Registered
The Villages, FL
2,601 Posts
I'm just sorry that it took me six years to purchase and install these lights.

·
Senior Member (ret.)
10,857 Posts

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Dick, I thought Ol Toad was a LT not a GW. :rotf:

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
That's okay Mike. This kit has only been around for just over 2 years. The other kit that was out there was of the Bob Rasters design, which is the one that was on my previous LT and my current LT>

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
RaffyK said:
Raffy's guy was non other than Larry Schumer oF Rider West fame. That is: the guy that puts those kits together.
I had Larry while at CCR (Braselton) install the LED kit, the Z Technic sheild and the top case brake light flasher.

I had trouble with the flasher and I want to say that Larry with Rider West graciously replaced the unit a few weeks ago, so a big thank you for your great service.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Chick said:
Just finished changing out the reflectors on my LT's saddlebads with Rider West Saddlebag LED lights. WOW!!! :D :D :D Not only is the bike easier to see from the rear now but the additional turn signals are awesome! What a great safety feature.

I purchased the kit from Raffy (www.motogear4you.com) and found the installation instructions very clear even for a neophyte like me. :)

I highly recommend these lights to all!

Ditto
Have them on Mine
What a diffrence at night :thumb:

Easy to put on too if you do the old dental floss trick.

·
Premium Member
2,958 Posts
I purchased a set from Raffy at Tan Tara as well but haven't had my "farkle" session yet. It's been too cold on the North Coast.

However, before spring I've got projects including Moto Lights, a Blue Sea fuse panel, a common ground farkle and another module for rear running lights and pulsing brakes. The cagers behind me should see me stop. Now . . . what to do about the damn deer? :wow:

·
Registered
370 Posts
PMitchell said:
The cagers behind me should see me stop. Now . . . what to do about the damn deer? :wow:
A little cutting and modification will take care of the deer. By utilizing the external mirror mount on the right side of the handle bars you create a bracket with a soft sided clamp. :rolleyes:

Then you need a good wood saw. Taking the 30.06 from the closet remove the rear portion of the stock.

Lock-n-load. Mount in the clamp. sight in...And when that sucker is stupid enough to get in front of you :wow: ..turn em' into venison stakes !!! :histerica

Rumor has it that it also helps n pullin' the front off the ground for a good wheelie ! :D

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
They are GREAT! Had 'em on the 02. MUCH more visible from the rear and sides, especially at night and marginal weather. Between these and the Muth mirrors, my lane changes/turns are noticed! Got a pair for the 07 they'll be on as soon as the deep freeze is over.

·
Registered
4,247 Posts
Had mine installed at Tan-Tar-A.
Agree its a great farkle. :)

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
AGREED, a Fantastic farkle thats is funtional as well !!

Had them on our LT for @ 2 years now, love the Wig Wag aspect of them, really gets your attention.

·
Premium Member
2,958 Posts
KIC said:
A little cutting and modification will take care of the deer. By utilizing the external mirror mount on the right side of the handle bars you create a bracket with a soft sided clamp. :rolleyes:

Then you need a good wood saw. Taking the 30.06 from the closet remove the rear portion of the stock.

Lock-n-load. Mount in the clamp. sight in...And when that sucker is stupid enough to get in front of you :wow: ..turn em' into venison stakes !!! :histerica

Rumor has it that it also helps n pullin' the front off the ground for a good wheelie ! :D
Hmmm, long guns are illegal in Ohio for deer, but I have a 12 ga. magnum pump shotgun that will take sabot rounds. Guess that will work! :thumb: :bike:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts