BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok the Tag Office..Went in to get my DL renewed. Took my picture, Scanned left index finger, Scanned right index finger, FAIL.. It seems my fingerprints and face didn't match the Nation Facial Recognition Database... She had to call and have my image reset to the new one she took sans glasses..

I am completely disgusted by this... Do we have any freedom left ?

I'm going Burka shopping....

Welcome to Amerika...Big Brother really is watching us.....Everywhere we go.....

I wonder when we'll all get Vet Chipped.

John

·
Premium Member
7,795 Posts
Oh, my......... sounds like the guvamint alrighty....

"oh... so you want us to VERIFY people... ok.. you first."

Seems only the folks who have interest in following the laws of the country actually do.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
JPSpen said:
Ok the Tag Office..Went in to get my DL renewed. Took my picture, Scanned left index finger, Scanned right index finger, FAIL.. It seems my fingerprints and face didn't match the Nation Facial Recognition Database... She had to call and have my image reset to the new one she took sans glasses..

I am completely disgusted by this... Do we have any freedom left ?

I'm going Burka shopping....

Welcome to Amerika...

John
Looks like the Patriot Act is finally trickling down to all of us. As I have been told many, many times over the past 9 years, "if you are offended by the security measures in the USA you can always move somewhere else."

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm going to the sporting goods store tomorrow and buy one of those cammo hoods you wear when turkey hunting... Just a cutout for my eyes to see thru...A Man Burka....

I'll wear it when I'm driving and see how long it takes me to get stopped....

Maybe I'll wear my foil hat under my ballcap too.....And of course very dark glasses...

Any predictions from you leo's ?

John

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Shouldn't be a problem until you walk into a BANK! :wow:

·
Premium Member
2,945 Posts
Lee510 said:
Shouldn't be a problem until you walk into a BANK! :wow:
Just don't show up in Vegas with a black helmet! :lol8: Clicky-clicky

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Murka has been born

The Murka. Remember you heard it here on the first day, December 14, 2010...
The Man Burka, The Murka. A garment of freedom....

Worn over the face to conceal your identity from Big Brother....Foil skull cap optional..

I'll use the drive thru at the bank... I'll tell them I have a skin condition. Can't tolerate sunlight...

There will probably be lots of places you can't wear your Murka soon, So jump on the bandwagon..

Laugh while you can...

John

·
Registered
431 Posts
So John fails 'cause his face and prints don't match. So what do they do? Change one to get a match! Suddenly John passes. Some system!

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
JPSpen said:
Welcome to Amerika...Big Brother really is watching us.....Everywhere we go.....
I thought you were in IT? :confused: How closely do you watch your network/end-users? ;)

I have nothing to hide.

And for the record ... (Hey! Big Brother!) ... I have no guns, no gold, no off-shore accounts, and no other reserves in secret locations. Nothing to see here. :)

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I thought you were in IT? :confused: How closely do you watch your network/end-users? ;)
I am in IT.. But I don't watch my users.. I make more money letting them roam the interweb freely...:D

It's the fact that the government now keeps all it's law abiding citizens with a photo ID in a Facial recognition database...

Luckily I have nothing to hide either... I just don't like the Idea of being scanned and photographed and ID'd at every major intersection in town...
At 2:13 you were here, see ? At 2:17 you were here, See ?
The only folks they don't seem to be able to track are the ones they should be tracking, Not me. They, (The government) can't seem to catch a real criminal to save their lives.. But they sure know when I'm out and about town....Seems like it's much ado about the wrong thing...

John

·
Registered
285 Posts
Sounds like ya'll have been watchin that show on Discovery about all the things you would have to do to drop completly off the radar.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
I gotta admit...this level of government surveillance really does weird me out. In another generation George Orwell will be rolling in his grave as if on a spit.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
KMC1 said:
I gotta admit...this level of government surveillance really does weird me out. In another generation George Orwell will be rolling in his grave as if on a spit.
Your are right...things have changed here in the USA and globally. However, the same rule applies. If you do not like it here then move somewhere else.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
patrick2000 said:
Your are right...things have changed here in the USA and globally. However, the same rule applies. If you do not like it here then move somewhere else.
Well, I guess its sort of a two faceted thing though, isn't it? If I don't like it here then you're right, I should leave. However, if its not that I don't like it here, but rather that I don't agree with what is going on, I prefer to get politically involved. Which, I believe really is the true genius in our society. That we, the average citizens, can get involved and create the change we would like to see. Or at least work towards it.
In my opinion that's what is really wrong with what's going on nowadays. Our people (us) have totally forgotten that we can do more than just vote- we can get involved. If enough working class people would start realizing that our "political class" as it has come to be known by the Lame Stream Media, is nothing more than a fabrication, and would get involved, we could really make a difference. We don't have to wait for the "chosen one" to be selected and ordained by the LSM, we could field hundreds or even thousands of new Representatives in 2012, simply by people becoming involved.
That's actually very exciting when you think about it.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
cfell said:
Ok... Rules, eh? Ok.. Close the door!!!!! and, roll up our sleeves.... and fix it.
Excellent sentiment. Hopefully we will see some citizen action in the next couple of years. Maybe the nation can avert the a fourth term and change the power base in Washington.

·
THE Democracy Doctor
5,694 Posts
The problems(s) with these various "databases" is that they require HUMAN oversight. If said oversight is incompetent, indifferent, or worse has "an axe" to grind......

DMV example: Two different people with two different names have the SAME finger print(s). Are these two different people, in fact, the same person? If they are the same person, might said person have committed perjury when they signed the DMV paperwork under a false name? How about if the false name belongs to another real person? False personation? Why the DMV MIGHT even need to hire a few competent investigators to resolve data base issues like this.....:rolleyes:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts