BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am seriously considering a GTL.
What are the must have accessories?
Does an iPhone fully integrate or just with iPod functionality?

Thanks,
Nate

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,602 Posts
Hey Nate Long time no see . :wave
The only "Must Have" I really needed was a GOOD Radar Detector. This Bad Boy will get away from you. :rolleyes:
Can't answer about the IPhone as I do not have one. There are issues with the IPod connection but BMW is working on them. Most of us just put our music on a thumb drive & they work perfectly.
The one down side is the ONLY Bluetooth that works correctly with the bike is the BMW one. Plus it only fits on the Schurbert C3 helmet to the tune of about $1200.00 for 1 helmet & 1 Bluetooth. I just hard wired into the speaker wire like we did on the LT to install an Autocom or other System. I run it to my Scala G4 for music & GPS then pair my G4 to Sammies G4 & my phone.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Get your dealer to replace the weak horn while she's undressed. Necessary, cheep and easy to do at that time.

·
Registered
530 Posts
First get a good horn. Second get a good radar detecter.
Now on to your question The I-Phone works as a phone only. It works through the Nav 4 and the BMW Communications system in your helmet.
A I-Phone does not work as a music source with the bike, you need to use a I-Pod or a USB stick for music.
Currently a I-Pod does not work very well but a software update is coming out soon.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
DanDiver said:
Get your dealer to replace the weak horn while she's undressed. Necessary, cheep and easy to do at that time.
I don't understand why owners would replace an OEM horn on any vehicle. Don't replace it ... ADD to it!
I've added a Stebel horn to my last three bikes and LOVE the sound of the dual-tones. Two horns are better than one ... plain and simple.

JMTC

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
messenger13_ver2 said:
I don't understand why owners would replace an OEM horn on any vehicle. Don't replace it ... ADD to it!
I've added a Stebel horn to my last three bikes and LOVE the sound of the dual-tones. Two horns are better than one ... plain and simple.

JMTC
Joe, There is "simply" very little room and the "plain" OEM is useless.

·
Registered
530 Posts
It took alot of doing but I found a horn that was worse than the stock K1600 horn. It was on my KLR650.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts