Old Dawg
3,281 Posts
Mmmmm, I like it!

·
Senior Member (ret.)
10,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Different bikes. L-twin versus slant 4.

The Multistrada is nimble/light and has good low end torque. Makes the bike want to jump. Yesterday I was taking 35-40 mph posted sweepers at 93 mph. Solid in turns. Great suspension specially with the S model. Ohlins forks and Ohlins rear.

The K1200R: Its a civilized beast. I mean BEAST. Incredible handling (with ESA), smooth and very fast acceleration. Bit heavy but it makes up for it by inspiring confidence in turns. I have never ridden anything like it. I like it better than the K1200S. Having had both.

Now which I would want to keep? Both. They are different bikes for different uses. Consider the K1200R a sleeper for the unsuspecting victims. The Multistrada has that Italian flair and sound. It backs it up with performance too. Plus it can be used for 500+ mile days. Having done that on a K1200R (Death Valley to Sacramento), I would ride the K1200R for no more than 1.5 hours-2 hours before I need to get off the bike for stretching. The Multi gives you the more upright sitting position like a GS.

I'd get another K1200R if I had extra $s.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Nice!

Raffy,

Nice job on the Multi!! Keep up the farkleing.

Do the pipes sound as nice as the Termignioni exhausts on my 900SS? I just love it when I rumble down a residential area at a leisurly 30 m.p.h. in first gear and all of the car alarms go off!! Quite a difference from the LT.

Best Regards,

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
Metzen said:
Raffy,

Nice job on the Multi!! Keep up the farkleing.

Do the pipes sound as nice as the Termignioni exhausts on my 900SS? I just love it when I rumble down a residential area at a leisurly 30 m.p.h. in first gear and all of the car alarms go off!! Quite a difference from the LT.

Best Regards,
So YOU are the one who is making the general public hate motorcycles. Thanks a $%@&*&* lot. :mad:

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Dibs !!!!!!

Not sure on what, but have more sh-t laying around that the wife wants gone.

·
Some guy on the Interwebs
3,324 Posts
dougholck said:
Dibs !!!!!!

Not sure on what, but have more sh-t laying around that the wife wants gone.
Too late, I have first dibs! :D

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Is it okay to post that I'm jealous??

1 - 15 of 15 Posts