BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on the Cee Baileys site the other day and noticed they do seats but i have never heard anyone speak of them and i am wondering why? Have they been deemed no good? I just had my seat done by Rick Mayer and i notice that i sit a couple of inches higher than before. Now if i sit up nice and straight :rotf: the top of the stock windshield is right at my line of sight. I am wondering how many people look over their windshield and how many look through them? Lastly i am wondering about music. I currently am using the external speakers and wearing a full face helmet. The music is nice and loud but the aux port is not good for the MP player. Is the Scala / dice unit combination the best set up? I of course would love to buy a new Arai with J and M set up but can not afford that at this time. Thank you :bmw:

·
Registered
90 Posts
I can't comment on the seat, haven't used one of their products.
BUT, I might be able to give you an alternative to the MP3 problem. I had the same problem on my bikes, where the music volume was just too low on the MP3's. I use a program called MP3gain that lets me increase the decibal level of each MP3. Worked like a charm! I had to experiment a little with it but it definitely did the trick. :dance:

·
Registered
335 Posts
Regarding windshield height, I prefer to look over the top. I don't raise my windshield except when riding in the rain and riding at night without my helmet on and faceshield down. Bug splatters are more than just messy. When I had a bug hit me squarely in the eyeball one night I struggled to keep it between the ditches until I could find a place to pull off and recover from both eyes watering profusely. Does that sound like crying?

·
Registered
132 Posts
tips727 said:
When I had a bug hit me squarely in the eyeball one night I struggled to keep it between the ditches until I could find a place to pull off and recover from both eyes watering profusely. Does that sound like crying?
That sounds like you weren't wearing adequate eye protection. :cool:

·
Registered
835 Posts
tips727 said:
Regarding windshield height, I prefer to look over the top. I don't raise my windshield except when riding in the rain and riding at night without my helmet on and faceshield down. Bug splatters are more than just messy. When I had a bug hit me squarely in the eyeball one night I struggled to keep it between the ditches until I could find a place to pull off and recover from both eyes watering profusely. Does that sound like crying?
You are lucky that you didn't recieve any eye damage to say the least.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I generally adjust my windshield so I look just over the top. As for the music, I put a headset in my helmet and connect up when I am riding more than just around town. With the headset, my MP3 (iPOD) is fine.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
+1 on the Cee Bailey's -2

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
-2. is that 2 inches shorter than stock? Are the Cee Baileys as tough as the stock? what about music? Thanks

·
Registered
498 Posts
Yes, that's 2 inches shorter.
Reading this post reminds me of the movie Mr. Mom when he was taking the kids to school...
"Your doing it WRONG!"
Have I been backwards my whole life?
I love my V-Stream, and leave it full up at all times except for rain. It offers a laver of protection against not only bugs, but gravel. (open faced helmet) When it is raining, and the water runs over the inside of the screen, visibility is worthless. Drop to full down, use full faced helmet face shield as deflector. Excellent vision.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Foiler said:
-2. is that 2 inches shorter than stock? Are the Cee Baileys as tough as the stock? what about music? Thanks
I don't know if Cee Baileys are tougher than stock or not but I replaced the OEM windshield on my '00 LT with a Cee Baileys -2 and loved it. It was much better than the OEM which had a laminate film that was not perfectly clear and was beginning to peel off in a couple of places. Cee Baileys was perfectly clear and it appeared to be a little thicker so it may have been stronger. I loved it. The OEM on my '05 LT is very good - I am pleased with it and not anticipating any need to change.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Scott,

I have always looked through the plastic and only lower the shield when driving around town or to adjust the slipstream on my helmet. As far as your music--I have always used Autocom which by today's standard is an antique to listen to my Mp3s. I love it. As far as a recommendation--I wont attempt to do that but you might want to look at the intercom section or do a search and you will find years of opinions and data. Good like and ride safe. :bike:

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
tips727 said:
I don't know if Cee Baileys are tougher than stock or not but I replaced the OEM windshield on my '00 LT with a Cee Baileys -2 and loved it. It was much better than the OEM which had a laminate film that was not perfectly clear and was beginning to peel off in a couple of places. Cee Baileys was perfectly clear and it appeared to be a little thicker so it may have been stronger. I loved it. The OEM on my '05 LT is very good - I am pleased with it and not anticipating any need to change.
Do a search on this site and you'll find many posts regarding durability of various windshields. The OE shield and the ZTechnik V-Stream are both polycarbonate, while Cee Baileys and most other shields are acrylic. Polycarbonate is much more durable, but the main difference is acrylic shatters into dagger like shards.

You can learn more here: http://www.ztechnik.com/products/html/VStream.html

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for all of the input. I seem to reacll seeing someone whack a polycarbonite shield with a baseball bat.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.