1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
929 Posts
I would never do business with anybody on ebay with a feedback score of "0" That's my personal position only...however, did you notice how dusty the windshield was...she must have sat for a long time...

:confused:

·
Registered
601 Posts
Before buying a bike with questionable mileage, I would have a BMW dealer run the VIN. It may be that the speedometer/odometer was changed out -- not hard to do.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Personally, I'd get my "10' pole" out.

If the mileage is true, the seals are likely dry rotted. I would look for an 02 with 60K+.

My $0.02

Joe

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
wrmoss said:
I would never do business with anybody on ebay with a feedback score of "0" That's my personal position only...however, did you notice how dusty the windshield was...she must have sat for a long time...

:confused:

+1 on what Wade says. I'd have to have an eyeball inspection, just sayin.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya, I agree. It seemed fishy and risky from a number of aspects. While I am a perfectionist when it comes to caring for and maintaining my own vehicles, I just can't trust that others do the same. One of the reasons I've never bought a used bike.

While I'm obviously not in the market, I found it hard to believe that someone had put on less than 300 miles per year on an LT. Glad to know I'm not the only one who thought something was odd about the ad. Buyer beware....

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
As far as the mileage goes, there seems to be plenty of old farts around with lots of money who buy things just to say they have it. (I'm not one as far as the 'plenty' of money goes). Then let things sit. I think it was JohnZ or CharlieVT who mentioned awhile back that modern day seals don't rot like in days gone by. So to me that wouldn't be an issue. BUT, if I were seriously considering buying this bike, I would have to do a hands on, see it, ride it, etc. I know that's not an easy thing to do with an Ebay item. When I bought my LT I took my son with me & drove up there with cash in hand. Test rode it for about 40 minutes, came back & handed the guy the envelope with the money & rode it home. No regrets. Love that color btw.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
There is a guy in Central florida that has a 2002 with 3K miles on it.

I have seen it for myself. Looks new.

I was going to sell my 00 with 54K miles on it and get his, but I could not get any solid offers for mine.

also they guys travels a lot so he is out of town 1-2 months at a time. Hard to sync up with him..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts