BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 26.5 years of serving as a military officer through 4 combat tours, the Balkans, two hurricane relief missions (Andrew and Katrina), eleven family moves, and countless training days away from home, I finally got to take the trip with my son I have dreamt about for so long!
:dance:

Here are some of the pictures taken along the way.....

We have a few more pictures and about 50Gb of video to sift through to create something worth watching....more to come!

Now I gotta start planning the next journey....this time WEST!!

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,460 Posts
Wow, Kenny - good on ya, and good on son too! What a dream come true!! I'm gonna have a great read when I can put the quiet time aside for the look. BTW - do I have to have a Photobucket account to open your pics? They asked for a password, and I tried a couple of guesses - no joy! ;) Anyway, looking forward to the trip report, and I'll anticipate the western trip when you do that one. Best always, Kenny!!

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Ok. that is flat awesome! :yeah:
There was a father son riding team that made it from Kentucky to Redmond, Oregon for the rally a couple years ago - on old air heads.
Dad was around 80 the son 60.
That is some good stuff. :bowdown:

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Kenny,

Glad to hear that the trip was everything that you expected. I hope that the Jensen radio install worked well and kept the tunes going through the trip!

Bob

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
FANTASTIC!! Thank you for your service, sir and all best for many more father/son trips.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
And I would like to also thank you for your service to our Country!

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dick and others,
I apologize for the link lock error....I made the photo file fully accessible...missed that button originally! :rolleyes:

Bob, the install went well! I'm going to post a "how to" in a few days with pictures and some 'splainin!

Fellow Motoradders, it has been my true honor to serve this great nation! I'd love to continue in the ranks, but there comes a time when I cannot run the <6 minute miles anymore....they won't let me count riding my motorcycle as PT for some reason...so, I had to make a choice for the family!

Hopefully, you'll be able to enjoy the pictures fully now!

·
Registered
929 Posts
Loved your pics Kenny...cant tell your a proud Dad though. :rotf:

What a great trip--one I'm sure your son will not soon forget.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Thanks for the photo journal, pictures remind me how much I miss my dad.

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
What a great father son trip, thanks for the pics.

You two are very lucky!! :)

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
Amazing, Kenny!!! What a great sight seeing, bonding and reflecting trip. :thumb: Good to have friends scattered throughout the country as well. Good to see that your son didn't let being in NYC interfere with making a connection. ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts