BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
*What the heck, nothin special planned for Memorial day and not mowing my lawn until my newly ordered Sears High end Lawn Tractor comes in - so my S/O and I decide to head out to Kalispell for an overnighter....Her on the FJR1300 and me on my 05 LT "Vroomhilda"..... Had a bad case of *NewBike-Ites recently but this fast and furious run up thru LOLO Pass and FlatHead lake and circled back via US Highway 2 passing alot of HD's like they were standing still, thru alot of construction, rain and terrible MONTANA drivers (The worst I have ever personally witnessed)
made me again believe no other bike can handle the rigors of fast riding, great protection and handling like the LT did....Averaged 46 mpg strafing thru the mountain passes in 4th gear & 52 mpg alittle more slowly coming back ,on regular unleaded and the FJR 45 mpg. If anyone heads out there the 4 Seasons Restaurant has a great Ribeye steak and we even discoved a new delicious Beer called; Stella Antois... Yummmm.

Back home now........Gonna sleep good tonight.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Sounds like one heck of a "Thunder Run". :) I love hearing about you guys that have wives on other bikes. That is really cool stuff.

And congrats on the new tractor that's coming. I too own a Sears/Craftsman tractor that has been nothing but great for me. It's now 5 years old and still looks, feels, and operates like brand new.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Sounds like my kind of ride in the spare of a moment. Wished I could have been out on the bike this weekend but house stuff prevailed this weekend.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
*Thanks Joe, Now all I have to do is keep up with her thru the curves...;)

Never knew there was so much to a riding lawn mower till I looked into buying one to keep for a long time....

Ok Stella Artois.... Now I just have to find it locally!!!

·
Registered
628 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts