BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, can anyone shed any light on the ease or lack thereof to remove the 6 Pk Cd player from my side bag. I'd like some input (read:expertise) before I start wrenching, losing knuckle skin, swearing and generally spending way too much time on something that should be fairly simple. I see there are a couple of screws holding the unit in place and a cable running through the hard case and under my seat. Where can the cable be disconnected and is it a plug or hard wired? Thanks, PJB :confused:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,595 Posts
As I remember only 4 screws hold in it, the cable unplugs from the back of the unit. The mounting bracket can also be removed but a little more involved to get that out. After the player is out the bracket doesn't take up much room. If you want to remove the wiring harness you will have to plug the hole it leaves.
 

·
Registered
1999 LTC
Joined
·
14,456 Posts
PJBurns said:
Hi folks, can anyone shed any light on the ease or lack thereof to remove the 6 Pk Cd player from my side bag. I'd like some input (read:expertise) before I start wrenching, losing knuckle skin, swearing and generally spending way too much time on something that should be fairly simple. I see there are a couple of screws holding the unit in place and a cable running through the hard case and under my seat. Where can the cable be disconnected and is it a plug or hard wired? Thanks, PJB :confused:
Found this over in the HoW pages. Been so long since I took mine out, I can't remember if I did anything different than is in the article.

Click here for link. Good luck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
694 Posts
I took mine out last summer. Very simple procedure....one screw at a time. Once I had unplugged the cable, I folded it and secured with a little conduit clamp so that the cable would not interfere with normal saddlebag use. Best wishes!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
johnbaker15 said:
As I remember only 4 screws hold in it, the cable unplugs from the back of the unit. The mounting bracket can also be removed but a little more involved to get that out. After the player is out the bracket doesn't take up much room. If you want to remove the wiring harness you will have to plug the hole it leaves.
Thanks John - I appreciate the clarity. PJB
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Munmi said:
I took mine out last summer. Very simple procedure....one screw at a time. Once I had unplugged the cable, I folded it and secured with a little conduit clamp so that the cable would not interfere with normal saddlebag use. Best wishes!!
Thank you Scott - I appreciate your reply. PJB
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
Thanks for the link & info, Dick...just getting ready to do the same on mine! :wave
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,595 Posts
Dick is really good at finding this kind of info in the HOW section. Ask me how I know, he is really good a radio info. :wave
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
322 Posts
As I recall it was about a 20 min. job on mine - bracket and all. I put a couple of sticky clamps on the top inside of the sidecase and cable tied the cables up out of the way.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top