BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any guesses as to why? It's the top CD in the stack, and CD #6 in the play order. All the other CD's play just fine. It doesn't matter what CD is played in the #6 slot the results are the same. I've been playing 5 CDs for the longest time but I thought what the heck lets ask for some opinions. 2001 LTC 12K miles. TIA

·
Registered
253 Posts
It must have something to do with the cartridge itself. I would check it carefully to make sure the #6 carrier is ok, because once they load they should all play the same. The carrier could "misload" the #6 cd and cause the problem. If you had an extra cartridge available (buddy, etc.) you may try that first.
Worse comes to worse I can sell you my changer and cartridge. Let me know and good luck.

·
Cat Herder
1,486 Posts
Similar CD Problem

I had a 6 pack changer in one of my cars and it started to skip with the littlest movement as well - #1 disc. I took the unit apart and the playing head unit sits on 4 rubber gel bumper. I called the manufacturer (Pioneer) and they sent my a set of new bumpers and it fixed the problem...

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I appreciate the CD changer tips guys... I'm going to give them both a whirl and see if I have some luck.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
humplatch said:
It must have something to do with the cartridge itself. I would check it carefully to make sure the #6 carrier is ok, because once they load they should all play the same. The carrier could "misload" the #6 cd and cause the problem. If you had an extra cartridge available (buddy, etc.) you may try that first.
Worse comes to worse I can sell you my changer and cartridge. Let me know and good luck.
By the way, what are your parts worth to you? That might be an easy solution before I look any further.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Skippy Changer...

I had the same problem. Seems there is a problem with the screws being too long that hold the mechanism into the case. Search the archives and It'll probably come right up. My case had screw lengths way too long and they jammed against the inner mechanism so it wouldn't float. I ground them down a couple of mm and everything works just great!

Kevin
'99 LTC Champagne
Minnetonka MN

·
Registered
253 Posts
Jerrod Maguire said:
By the way, what are your parts worth to you? That might be an easy solution before I look any further.
Sorry to get back so late. If you need them, you can have them for $50 plus shipping.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts