BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my 6-CD changer that is not fond by the radio. (2003 LT) Any ideas on troubleshooting check the connections on the unit? It's a replacement unit about two yrs ago.

·
Registered
599 Posts
If you open your right hand panier you will find it hiding in there.
Seriously though have you checked the plug connections to the unit. One of those may have come loose.

·
Registered
59 Posts
When I got my 2004 last year and opened everything up, I found mice had been gnawing away at the connector to the CD changer. Luckily I found it in time to save it. I would check all the connectors and wiring to the unit.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have my 6-CD changer that is not fond by the radio. (2003 LT) Any ideas on troubleshooting check the connections on the unit? It's a replacement unit about two yrs ago.
Gotta be either the connector or something wrong in the changer electronics. These changers are the same as used in BMW cars of that era. The head unit will only show the changer in the menu selection if attached. Not attached, no show in the selection menu.

·
Registered
2 Posts
On my 03 K12LT I disconnected the positive battery cable at the battery and left it disconnected overnight, then reconnected it. Be prepared for the alarm to go off. This trick worked several times. Never figured out why it quit.

·
Registered
697 Posts
On my 03 K12LT I disconnected the positive battery cable at the battery and left it disconnected overnight, then reconnected it. This trick worked several times. Never figured out why it quit.
This radio system works similar to your average computer. It has three phases in its startup and if there is a glitch, crazy fails can happen. To reduce your chances of a fail, get in the habit of shutting your radio down before turning off your bike when you park it, then start radio after full engine startup at your next ride.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,253 Posts
Also there are two connectors back at the changer, make sure they are both fully seated.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts