BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A great morning today being19c and the 5th day of winter plus not too cold to enjoy a ride.
I was not planning on doing any great distance but thought today's effort was good enough with lots of nice twisty bits and a few long sweeping bends along the Putty Road between Windsor at the foothills of the Blue Mountains to the east and via. Singleton the NSW coal township also known for the cattle and vine production in the Hunter Valley. It was getting on towards dark and the last hour so needed to be aware of the Kangaroos on the side of the roads. I got home just on sunset and for the first time ever never bothered washing my bike after a ride. ( I must be getting slack in my old age ) lol. I managed to do just on 457 klm through and along some of the best bike riding roads in NSW with the exception of western Sydney to the foothills of the blue mountains.
IMG_0778.jpeg
IMG_0777.jpeg

Reactions: Aussie Mark

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I should have added that my tyres are on their last legs the Micheline GT 5 are rough on the front with cupping on the edges, I ordered a set of Pirelli GT2`s but my dealership needs to get the front tyre in early next week. Looking forward to that. I am going to get them to check out the brake pads front and back while they have the wheels off. I shopped around for the tyres and could not get them any cheaper than around the $638.00 fitted and balance but knew the guys in Queensland Gold coast have been paying about the $550.00 for a set. I contacted my service manager who always looks after me and mentioned that price so he matched it for me. So looking forward to getting them on and seeing how they handle as everyone seems to love this tyre.

·
Registered
2021 R1250RT LE
32 Posts
A great morning today being19c and the 5th day of winter plus not too cold to enjoy a ride.
I was not planning on doing any great distance but thought today's effort was good enough with lots of nice twisty bits and a few long sweeping bends along the Putty Road between Windsor at the foothills of the Blue Mountains to the east and via. Singleton the NSW coal township also known for the cattle and vine production in the Hunter Valley. It was getting on towards dark and the last hour so needed to be aware of the Kangaroos on the side of the roads. I got home just on sunset and for the first time ever never bothered washing my bike after a ride. ( I must be getting slack in my old age ) lol. I managed to do just on 457 klm through and along some of the best bike riding roads in NSW with the exception of western Sydney to the foothills of the blue mountains.
View attachment 173726 View attachment 173727
And I thought I was lucky to have the Cotswolds on my doorstep?! What a trip!
Sooo lucky!
👏👍😃

·
Registered
103 Posts
Looks like a great ride..
Have they finally connected the M7 to the old F3 or now M1? Lots of great places to explore and I'm looking forward to getting back up there on a holiday to ride my RT up the valley towards TW.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have they finally connected the M7 to the old F3 or now M1? Lots of great places to explore and I'm looking forward to getting back up there on a holiday to ride my RT up the valley towards TW.
Mark, I found it quicker or should that be as quick to go down Pennet Hills Road, Castle Hill, and Kellyville to Windsor, I am against taking Toll roads where ever I can to have a better ride rather than highways and paying for that so-called privilege, most days the traffic through that area is not all that bad. I thought about the ride after I got home and should have gone the reverse so that would have avoided the Kangaroos etc by going through Sydney and the M1 homeward. Then the only issue is the wombats in cars lol, that don't know what lane they should drive in or cut you off.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And I thought I was lucky to have the Cotswolds on my doorstep?! What a trip!
Sooo lucky!
👏👍😃
I am thinking you would have some great road to ride there too. We are lucky here in Australia as we don't have too many areas that snow enough so we cant ride our bikes all year around. Our summers are getting a bit warmer with more humidity and some days your face burns when riding with the heat. They are the few days I try to avoid getting on the bike as it is not a joy for me anyway. Last of all Jan, I trust you and the boss are enjoying your new RT .

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Yes, it's a great saving around $4.00 for cars the trucks have to use it but if they have dangerous goods then they have to use Pennant Hills road. I am not sure what the trucks pay but it would not be cheap especially if you add the cost of the M7 to that. Time-wise it can save some time but I used the M7 last week on the way home from the sound coast and it was a car park so your paying a lot of $$$ to stop and start I can understand why that happens when you are on a tollway that is designed to allow the traffic to flow without traffic lights etc.

·
Registered
2021 R1250RT LE
32 Posts
I am thinking you would have some great road to ride there too. We are lucky here in Australia as we don't have too many areas that snow enough so we cant ride our bikes all year around. Our summers are getting a bit warmer with more humidity and some days your face burns when riding with the heat. They are the few days I try to avoid getting on the bike as it is not a joy for me anyway. Last of all Jan, I trust you and the boss are enjoying your new RT .
Hi Geoff c,
hehehe All is well in the Scott household now! Now I’ve been told I bought the wrong bike, should have been smaller etc etc...taken a good beating like a man! It was like being a teenager again....but love endures!

I did ‘work’ in Australia for a month when Specsavers Optician launched, I guess 10 years ago. I even surfed the Gold Coast....standing up! (I have 1 picture....like a whale in a wetsuit!).
What a roadmap you shared! That’s a dream come true! We live close to Bath, in the country, and ever time I walk the dogs I thank my lucky stars....small things really are super important.
Enjoy!
Jan 👏💪👍😎

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Geoff c,
hehehe All is well in the Scott household now! Now I’ve been told I bought the wrong bike, should have been smaller etc etc...taken a good beating like a man! It was like being a teenager again....but love endures!

I did ‘work’ in Australia for a month when Specsavers Optician launched, I guess 10 years ago. I even surfed the Gold Coast....standing up! (I have 1 picture....like a whale in a wetsuit!).
What a roadmap you shared! That’s a dream come true! We live close to Bath, in the country, and ever time I walk the dogs I thank my lucky stars....small things really are super important.
Enjoy!
Jan 👏💪👍😎
Dogs are so great I think if we humans could give as much love and devotion as they do then we would all live in a better place. As for big bikes lol I had 2 Indian Roadmasters 422kg then downsized to the GTL that was around 365kg and now the RT at about 265 kg I don't see any of them as being too big but have to admit the Indians were a bit heavy if you had to push them back wards the GTL had reverse so that was never an issue. I say buy what you like and are comfortable with as you are the only one that has to live with it and look at it every day. Most of our Australian dogs have issues like the one below lol .
IMG_0631.jpeg

Reactions: JanScott66
1 - 9 of 9 Posts