BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

?

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Risky 
#1 ·
Got my bike to the dealer's for a rear tire and recall on the brake lines on Oct 25th. Started it every month since. Put fresh gas and Seafoam in it yesterday and the gauge again is stuck. On top of that it has the service Oct 2010 comes up. WTF is this about? 17500 miles and I don't know of any service that should be required until it hits 24k.....
Thanks in advance. :bmw:

#8 ·
OU812 said:
Got my bike to the dealer's for a rear tire and recall on the brake lines on Oct 25th. Started it every month since. Put fresh gas and Seafoam in it yesterday and the gauge again is stuck. On top of that it has the service Oct 2010 comes up. WTF is this about? 17500 miles and I don't know of any service that should be required until it hits 24k.....
Thanks in advance. :bmw:
All kidding aside...

When you say the gauge is stuck again, are you referring to a faulty fuel sensor strip? I take it this is not your first? But, what does that have to do with the previous service and the service notification readout you are getting?

I suspect your service notice is simply a computer glitch that have have been introduced during your last service visit. IMO, I'd take it back to the dealer when convenient and have them reset to computer. The problem you are experiencing does not sound serious.

If you were referring to a bad fuel sensor glitch, then that's a pin if you have had multiple ones go bad. I've only had to replace one thus far (I chalk that up to clean living)... but I have seen some on the forum have 4-5 of these things go out.

Shouldn't you be getting an 18,000 mile service before the 24K. Just fluids, but unless you are doing it, someone should be.

#10 ·
The dealer did flush all the brake lines as the front was done under warranty. I do all the fluids and back in May the rear FD seal took a leak in Indy and the dealer took care of that under warranty. Yes this would be no 2 on the fuel strip. I really enjoy the RT just not the recalls/warranty hassles.
Thanks for the replies and added humor! :p

:histerica

#11 ·
OU812 said:
The dealer did flush all the brake lines as the front was done under warranty. I do all the fluids and back in May the rear FD seal took a leak in Indy and the dealer took care of that under warranty. Yes this would be no 2 on the fuel strip. I really enjoy the RT just not the recalls/warranty hassles.
Thanks for the replies and added humor! :p

:histerica
Hmmm. I have not had any hassles yet, Knock on wood. That said I got the heated rear seat repaired once (bad switch) but other than that nothing. I hope it stays that way. I have read of the fuel sensor problems and yet no prob. So far… My be because I only use Sunoco Ultra 94? I am not using my dealer any more of simply because of the Very high cost of the service but will keep him in the loop for now.
I have just not had any issues with Warranty and I do like Ian the service man at Wolf simply because not only repairs what he sells he races the BMW line too :bike:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.