BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I shop for a used LT, a dealer told me there was a change from 5 speed to 6 speed at one point but he could not remember which year. Is that true and do I care? I will be riding two-up with trailer when we travel.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Joe,
They are all 5 speeds. Sometimes the reverse is called a 6th gear.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And he said he used to be the service manager :confused:

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
joevano said:
As I shop for a used LT, a dealer told me there was a change from 5 speed to 6 speed at one point but he could not remember which year. Is that true and do I care? I will be riding two-up with trailer when we travel.

Thanks!
And this very same dealer told you also about the 1.900cc 7 cylinders engine? :)

The gear ratio change a little on between the 2001 and 2002 models, but the LT alway have the 5 gears speed. !
If you like the integral brakes, try to get a 2002 and up model. If you want a little more power try the 2005 and up model. Other than that, no much of a change on the line.

Ho, and BTW, beware when you take your bike for service on that dealer. He may try to fix the belt drive on the LT! :)

·
Registered
370 Posts
Lighten up.....

That dealer treated me very well when they replaced the muffler bearings and air deflection gas on my electronic windshield. :eek:

They also stated that I was lucky that I brought my 2000LTC in when I did because the air pressure filament in my main headlight was low and could have caused my Final Drive to go out at any moment. :eek:

They saved my bike !!! And for the $1,822.47 they charged it was well worth it !! :eek2:

:bike:

·
Registered
40 Posts
holy crap...

KIC said:
That dealer treated me very well when they replaced the muffler bearings and air deflection gas on my electronic windshield. :eek:

They also stated that I was lucky that I brought my 2000LTC in when I did because the air pressure filament in my main headlight was low and could have caused my Final Drive to go out at any moment. :eek:

They saved my bike !!! And for the $1,822.47 they charged it was well worth it !! :eek2:

:bike:
This may be the most entertaining thread I have ever read on any board to date!

Thanks for making me laugh out loud...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts