BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those of you who have benefited from fixing your LT trunk latches using the repair kit by Billets Galore might enjoy watching this short video of a machine similar to what Evan uses in making the latch repair parts. I wuz fortunate to visit Evan when he lived just a few miles down the road from Boerne, and I got to watch several of those parts being manufactured in his shop - an impressive visit for me. I know some of you are familiar with this type of operation, and CNC machines may be old hat for you, butt for those of us who aren't - here is just a brief glimpse of the possibilities that a CNC machine can handle!! Enjoy.

Clicky click here

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Yes, very cool. I used to program that stuff. Now they have computers to write the progarms for the computers. :)

·
Slow Old Guy
2,012 Posts
Starts out at 120kg and ends up at 3.6kg. That's a lot of milling.

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
Really cool to watch. Thanks Dick.

Wondering how long it takes to program the computer to make that helmet? Is it from pictures? Seems almost impossible... Wondering how long the bit last too?

Quite a few years ago I watched a laser cut out of a piece of steal, the map of WV that was on a table as a pattern. I still have it as a paperweight. That was only two dimension. This is three and quite a bit more complicated. Can one item be copied from another and then cut out?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts