BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 R1200RT in Midnight Blue. I got the 49L topcase and have a good auto body/paint place nearby that will paint it for me. The guy said to first ask if I can get a pint of the official paint from BMW. Is that possible? Otherwise I think I can get the color code from under the seat according to a search here. He also asked if the BMW round logo can be removed safely (i.e. is it double stick tape or something?). thanks for any help.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Didn't see the color code under the seat, any help with what that is for 2012 midnight blue would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Diver4242 said:
I have a 2012 R1200RT in Midnight Blue. I got the 49L topcase and have a good auto body/paint place nearby that will paint it for me. The guy said to first ask if I can get a pint of the official paint from BMW. Is that possible? Otherwise I think I can get the color code from under the seat according to a search here. He also asked if the BMW round logo can be removed safely (i.e. is it double stick tape or something?). thanks for any help.
N87 (Midnight Blue Metallic)
The Roundel is secured with double faced tape.
The back rest can be easily removed from the inside. Torx screws.
The hinges can be easily removed as well.

·
Registered
36 Posts
does anyone out there know how to take apart a 49 liter top case, I need to seperate the bottom sections of the case, my lid is open but the flip out release is now closed and pushing the release button does nothing. thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts