BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I decided to save some money and have a local independent bike shop do the 48k service which I hear is extensive.

It was complete last Friday and Saturday I rode around 200 miles with no major issues. On a couple of different occasions while slowing down to make a turn the bike backfired a little.

It stayed parked until this morning, I fired it up and let it run for a few minutes while I put my helmet on, I backed it out of the garage, got off, went to turn the lights off in the garage and noticed a small puddle of what I thought was engine oil (very light color). It definitely had gas in with it, I looked up under the plastic and can see where stuff has been running down the side of the motor. It seems to only be leaking when the motor is running. Could it be gas and oil?? :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
Take a look at the right side to see if it coming from there. If that is the source then you have an issue with the quick connects on the gas tank. You could have pinched the o-ring on one while putting it back together, and that would only show up while the pump is running and the line is pressurized.

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
johnbaker15 said:
Take a look at the right side to see if it coming from there. If that is the source then you have an issue with the quick connects on the gas tank. You could have pinched the o-ring on one while putting it back together, and that would only show up while the pump is running and the line is pressurized.

That is exactly what is was!!! The o-ring on the quick connect got pinched. Thank you!!!

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
dthogey said:
That is exactly what is was!!! The o-ring on the quick connect got pinched. Thank you!!!
Educated guess, others have done it... Happy to help!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts