BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is done in the 48K service?? Isn't just a 12K service?? Also looked at the FAQ did not find anything about it. Is it hard to do any manuals that could help. I am thinking about doing it myself. Not the best wrench, but sure I could figure it out with the board here to answer any question I have. ;)

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
I don't have the book in front of me but the service manual that comes with the bike has a grid showing what should be done at each of the 12K intervals. My understanding is 48K had a few more items that usual such as coolant and brake fluid R/R. You may have already done these things sooner depending on the age of the bike. The service manual is separate from the owners manual. Mine is in right now for a 48K among other things.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tech session.

I am thinking about going to one of these parties, that they call Tech session, if there is one in my area that may pop up. I had the bike 1/2 part last night hiding some of my XM radio wires, so with the right guidance I could pull it through.

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
motorman587 said:
I am thinking about going to one of these parties, that they call Tech session, if there is one in my area that may pop up. I had the bike 1/2 part last night hiding some of my XM radio wires, so with the right guidance I could pull it through.
John - this .pdf should get you started and let you know what all is involved. Rest of the information is scattered around the forums - look under 'maintenance' in the various HOW pages.

Attachments

·
Registered
401 Posts
Your area?

motorman587 said:
And what would your area be?

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Send PM.

I have answered you by PM. The reason I can list my area I live is because of work. I have gotten in trouble before.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts