BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had my injectors checked as my mileage and performance were both off. Injectors were O.K. . After reassembly I started the bike to find an idle around 4000 rpm. After inspection I found that the throttle cable was run above the fuel rail instead of below it so it was being pulled which seemed to explain the high idle. After changing throttle cable location I restarted only to still have a high idle. Tried adjusting cables only to go a little higher. I see nothing else that looks out of place without taking the tank off again. Any suggestions? I am at a loss. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,113 Posts
The routing over the fan shroud is critical. Double check that and the cables should operate freely. Check the center of the cruise control bowdon cable. Could be hung up.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Many thanks to jzeiler for your advice. The problem was the cruise cable going over the fuel rail instead of under it as I originally had the throttle cable routed. Not used to having a cruise control cable to watch out for on other bikes. Thanks again

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,113 Posts
Glad you found it. I was glad I took pictures of all that area when I did my clutch job. It made putting it all back together, the right way , a snap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts