BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the MOA this month, they describe the Grand door prize as a "40th Anniversary Edition K16GTL" That would make it a 2013....Anybode hear any other rumors?

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
marathonpaul said:
In the MOA this month, they describe the Grand door prize as a "40th Anniversary Edition K16GTL" That would make it a 2013....Anybode hear any other rumors?
Why a 2013? A current (2012) K16 would be just as meaningful a commemorative of 40 years of MOA as a 2013.

Other than the MOA, I'm not aware of any significant events in BMW lore in 1972 (other than the introduction of the long-frame /5's!)

·
Registered
837 Posts
Because the 2013 GT/GTL is not going to have the currently optional front end pull or driveline clunk. We wouldn't want someone winning one that had a problem now would we??

Rick

·
Registered
126 Posts
Ric said:
Because the 2013 GT/GTL is not going to have the currently optional front end pull or driveline clunk. We wouldn't want someone winning one that had a problem now would we??

Rick

What's that??

Apparently you don't get it. This is an awsome bike! Clunk, shmunk, who cares. Go ride one.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I don't think this is about the 40th anniversary of anything BMW itself. This is the 40th anniversary of the MOA. My guess is they have put together a one off version of the 1600. Maybe a special paint scheme and fully loaded. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts