BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rode my bike from Vancouver Island to Edmonton this weekend. As I passed through Blue River I watched the RCMP loading up an RT on a flat bead and tow it away. The guy was going 140 plus in a 100km zone. Above 40km over the posted limit they immediately tow and take your driving privileges away for a week. The cop told me that that particular detachment nabbed 246 vehicles last year for that offense alone and they nailed 6 just that afternoon. Blue River is a heck of a place to lose your wheels and driving privileges for a week. There is virtually no way to get out of there or to come back later to get your impounded bike back. The lonely highways in B.C. are a very tempting place to wind up the bike, but if you get caught it can be a long walk home.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Clearly BC does not want motorcycles. Rode to Nelson last year as I had riding buddies attending the ST rally. RC's had a bike check stop just outside Cranbrook, delayed me 20 minutes while they checked insurance, registration, turn signal operation and then had me remove my helmet to check for iPod earbuds. They seemed very disappointed not to find anything I could be charged for.

I go on a three to seven day ride with a group that has made an annual pilgrimage to somewhere for the last 25 years, that somewhere has not included BC for the last five years for just the reasons you mention. Guys in the group say they know of bikes that were impounded for less than 20km over the limit or for minor equipment failures.

The Mounties can't figure out why they are not respected and the politicians can't figure out why tourism is down. Hmmmm!

·
Registered
596 Posts
Albertans are notorious for not knowing what a speed limit is.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.