BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the 50th Aniversary Bash of the Lotus 7 over the weekend in Norwich, UK. For those of you who don't know, this is basically a motorbike that doesn't fall over when you're p%^^ed !

Click for video

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
messenger13 said:
Cool stuff Brian. Yea, the Lotus 7 is just about in a class all by itself, isn't it?
Well, your names down for a blast in it when you come to the UK.

·
BMW Guru
8,469 Posts
Woolly said:
I went to the 50th Aniversary Bash of the Lotus 7 over the weekend in Norwich, UK. For those of you who don't know, this is basically a motorbike that doesn't fall over when you're p%^^ed !

Click for video
Not sure if this is the same car, but check THIS out !!!

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
tedhudson said:
Not sure if this is the same car,
Nice find. When Lotus stopped making the 7, Caterham, one of their dealers, took over the manufacturing of it. There have been several imitations over the years such as Tiger, Locost, Robin Hood etc. which are all kit cars, but Westfield is the closest copy to the original Lotus/Caterham.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Can you still get the 23? I recall someone building one from a kit about 20 years ago and christened it 'the racing roller skate' as it was so low.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Happy memories

When I was young free and single I had 2 of these, the first one was torched ;-((

Great fun to drive but I soon became an expert in changing sumps ;-/

Regards

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
brianbeemer said:
Can you still get the 23? I recall someone building one from a kit about 20 years ago and christened it 'the racing roller skate' as it was so low.
Nearest modern equivalent is Caterham 21 or the Lotus 2-Eleven

·
Prodigal Son
1,297 Posts
Miss My 7 (long gone)

Have been ogling the Ariel Atom as well as a "7" kit copy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts