BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My unit will be Monday A.M. but this weekend a buddy of mine received his Garmin 376C. First impressions, very good.
1. Screen excellent, but believe it's the same screen as the 276C.
2. NEXRAD weather NOT blinding electronic speeds. For those of you that have NEXRAD, e.g. I have it Accuweather Pro on my computers, T1 and Cable, NEXRAD takes a few moments for the 'loop' feature showing movement. Apparently satellite download ostensibly just a bit faster than 56K modem. This apparently only a problem when you it's turned ON and OFF. If left on, say on a trip, not an issue.
3. I cannot verify the following yet, but for those that do detail on my SPIII, NavII/2610 0.3 miles shows full street detail. Allegedly, NEXRAD is in one (1) square mile increments, so zooming in to 0.3 miles may just show a square 'blob' overlaying your route.

Like anything else I presume that it will take some getting used to. No reports on the satellite radio.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Dave,

You say you are going to mount the low profile Garmin Antenna "out of site".

Are you referring to the disc antenna used for the xm features? If so, does the antenna need line of site to the sky? Or can it be mounted under the plastic body of the LT?

I'm looking hard at the 376C, and I have been holding off purchasing the 276C due to the 376C coming out.

Thanks, I'm just looking for a "push" to order one...

Drew
'00 K1200LT Canyon Red
'02 K1200RS Red/Blue

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DaveDragon said:
I'll mount it under the dash cover below the windscreen or maybe on the back side of the BMR Co-Pilot. Comes with 2M of coax/usb cable.
I am just taking mine out of box . . . and have not done a thing. But, confused about your comment about mounting it under the dash cover . . . it's metal and this would cause severe signal attenuation. Am I missing something. BTW, and if you need the part no. for RAM mount for 276C (same as 376C) TVNAV.COM has them at a good price; am trying to figure out a quick disconnect type system to move them from bike to bike. hmmm, what a problem!!!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Antenna Location

Dave,

I had my XM antenna mounted under the plastic and it dropped out on a regular basis. Then I put it up on top of the maplight. Worked just great there.

Douglas

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Everything installed and running on 376C. Some points to ponder:
Routing cables and XM Sat Antenna gonna be a PITA
If you have trouble downloading weather (fisherman light), call Tech support and ask them to intervene/push the download
If you are in auto mode lots of the marine stuff not there . . . guess wave height gonna be a problem.

Other than that, slick as hell.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Did anybody order the auto kit with their 376? Was just wondering what version of City Select was packaged with it?

Thanks, Drew

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got the autokit; includes usual stuff, bean bag, speaker/cable, City Select database.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts