BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Looking Good

Hmmmm, now I am confused. The mini-plug out of the 376C I thought was STEREO. I have not yet wired it to VOICE II and just may not, but that's another story.

Feel like an idiot since I saw that plastic white thing and wondered what it was for; duhhhh, a drilling template. Thought it some exotic antenna mount.

I am quite sure the puck antenna is the XM 8 character unit ID. Got an e-mail to Darrel of TVNAV.COM to see if one could order multiple antennae???? Dealing with XM is painful . . . my times on the phone could not get anyone I could understand; India, the Caribbean, and Ghana. GMA*B . . . and while my statement appears to be PC incorrect, don't these companies that use offshore personnel see if they can be understood???

Rgds,
John

And, glad to see you are helping the GNP and the consumer index!!

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, the white thing is a marine mount - and, as Dave notes, slides over the end of a pole and then you slap the antenna on top of it. I used it as a template to drill the holes.

It's 75 and beautiful here in Chicago. Am kind of hoping for some crappy weather so I can go play with my new toy. Am doing a BBG on Tuesday night and am certain I'll find some interesting weather along the way.

:)

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
I am looking for portability at this time . . .

Will decide later if I want to remove the SPIII, so have them both for now. I made a 'coiled cable' with parts from Radio Shack, so I can move the 376C from bike to bike on a RAM Mount. Looks a bit bizarre with 2 units, but who cares.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
xm radio output?

are you getting mono or stereo output? i'm using the garmin cable with bare ends and a dongle for the audio output - and it's only picking up one channel. stupid stupid stupid. me or garmin - not sure who just yet.

i went and got a mono/stereo adapter, and know that stereo on a bike is probably not gonna be that big a deal - but, dang, what a shortsighted thing to do...

·
Registered
121 Posts
i plugged simple headphones into the back of my unit and i got stereo. now, xm (or sirius) has inherently HORRIBLE quality stereo with relatively LITTLE separation. the reasons behind that have been covered ad nauseum... but, my sound is stereo, substandard stereo, but stereo nonetheless.

greg

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
very nice. thanks for all the feedback/comments - I appreciate it.

i've been getting mono out of the dongle from the power cable & have not yet tried the audio port on the back of the unit. i'll try that this evening.

my current challenge is in figuring out how to integrate the radar & the 376c with a tesseract mixer. it's not at all working the way I thought it was... hmmm...

:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts