BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Enjoy The Ride
K1300GT K1200LT
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Join us at the 35th annual Dan'l Boone Rally in Boone North Carolina Augest 10th - 12th 2012. This is held at the highest altitude ( almost 4000') KOA campground east of the Mississippi river with cool temps.

The 35th Annual Daniel Boone Rally!

August 10th – 12th, 2012

“Great Riding Roads, Hospitality and Camaraderie in Cool NC Mountain Air”

The Carolinas BMW Motorcycle Owners Association invites you to join us again for the 35th Annual Boone Rally; Held each year in the cool air at 4,000 ft. elevation in Boone , NC . http://koa.com/campgrounds/boone/ Motorcycle riders from every state and Canada have enjoyed arguably the best riding anywhere. We welcome all Riders and All Brands and have plenty of room for everyone! The Rally is also known for People’s Choice awards for classic/vintage motorcycles that are ridden in.
This Daniel Boone Rally is unique in that is just minutes away from the 470 mile long Blue Ridge Parkway and other great mountain roads of three states make up your riding playground – North Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia. West Virginia and Kentucky are a bit of a stretch but possible.
The $40 Rally Fee* Includes:

· Friday and Saturday night camping
•Rally Pin for first 200 attendees •5 tickets for Door Prizes •Catered BBQ dinner on Saturday •Donuts & Coffee – Saturday & Sunday Mornings •24hr Coffee, Tea, Hot Chocolate

The Best Extras:

•Self-Guided Route Sheets; including Dual Sport Routes
•Free Vendor Spaces •Rest Rooms with Hot Showers •Gourmet Hamburger Vendor (Friday Evening) •Free Wi-Fi – Newspapers •Swimming Pool

At The Gate Rally Fees:
August 12 arrival – $45 per person (includes all rally activities)

August 11th arrival – $55 per person (includes extra night camping, hot dog dinner on Thursday and all other rally activities)
The Boone Rally has great Sponsors! We ask that when possible, please support the Boone Rally Sponsors. Their generosity year-after-after is the highlight of this motorcycle rally. Just ask any of those that attend…
* Advance Registration is $40 till August 3rd.​

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
I love the Boone rally, but beware: the weekend of the rally is often the same weekend that students (and their parents) are arriving to begin the fall semester at the college in Boone. The result: traffic jams in downtown Boone. It's taken me over 1/2 hour of stop-and-go traffic to get across Boone. Big time bummer.
But if you listen to the folks at the KOA (guess I didn't), this won't be a problem. No matter what direction you want to go in, they can tell you how to get there without going thru downtown Boone. Seek the advice, heed it, and enjoy the rally.
- Bob

·
Enjoy The Ride
K1300GT K1200LT
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bob_menton said:
I love the Boone rally, but beware: the weekend of the rally is often the same weekend that students (and their parents) are arriving to begin the fall semester at the college in Boone. The result: traffic jams in downtown Boone. It's taken me over 1/2 hour of stop-and-go traffic to get across Boone. Big time bummer.
But if you listen to the folks at the KOA (guess I didn't), this won't be a problem. No matter what direction you want to go in, they can tell you how to get there without going thru downtown Boone. Seek the advice, heed it, and enjoy the rally.
- Bob
The rally was moved ahead a few years ago and the student traffic is no longer a problem.

·
Enjoy The Ride
K1300GT K1200LT
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Just two weeks until the rally.

Phil Engel from Englend Moto will be a vendor at the rally. He will have a trailer with used parts for sale

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.