·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
petevandyke said:
Childrens size? don't think it will fit over most of our backs....

Garry

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
garry_kramer said:
Childrens size? don't think it will fit over most of our backs....

Garry

It fits just fine in a tank bag or on your topcase/passenger seat.

You can get a 40" extension for the drink tube for about $10 online or at camping stores like I did.

Buy one, don't buy one, don't matter to me. I'm not a salesman, just saw the deal so don't nobody give me no grief or I'll come there and pee on your shoe!

·
Registered
929 Posts
You said pee
.. :histerica

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I'm just minutes away.

I normally go to the local Cabellos over on I-94 Indiana. Cause I am looking at camping stuff for my trip and normally browse the sales. Anyway they are saying all sold out. What's with that.

I just bought a MOLLE II backpack/rucksack that will lay on the back seat and wanted that size water bladder with mouth piece. The camelbak could only be worn by itself or if my wife is riding shotgun. That was a good price and I am not even a salesman.
ride safe :bmw:

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
I don't like to wear backpacks while riding, so I have a 1.5 liter Camelbak liner that just barely fits in the front compartment of an Engage tank bag. It takes up most of the Engage bag space, but is very convenient for staying hydrated while riding. The drinking tube comes out at the end of the zipper line. The drinking tube is stiff enough to push it back into the tank bag. Normally I tuck the drinking tube under the map pocket (sold separately) for convenient access.

I wrap the liner in an old kitchen towel to protect the liner, to provide insulation, and to absorb sweat from condensation. As the sweat evaporates from the towel, it helps keep the water cool. You can fill the liner with ice and water at fuel stops. I always ask permission, but the gas station attendants always say yes.

When I bought it, separate camelbak liners cost significantly more than the lowest cost Camelbak backpack. I bought the backpack and removed the liner, so there is an unused empty backpack in the closet somewhere.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts