BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys
Tuesday I decided to take a ride around Mt St Helens the long way. I left home in Beaverton Oregon with 3/4 take of gas and figured I would make it to Randle, Wa. with the gas I had so I headed out. I found nf-25 a miserable road. Now I love twisties but there seemed to be all 25 mph twisties and when there was a straight stretch, it was a 15 mph speed because so much of the road is falling away. One place there was a one lane stretch because of a landslide and also some other construction. My plan was to go to Windy Ridge but I realized about half way into the viewpoint, I was running out of gas and there was quite a few of frosty sections of the road, I was tired of the white knuckle riding so I turned around and headed to Randle. It was a good day though and good to get out. I did enjoy coffee and pie at Spiffies!
larry

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,158 Posts
Turning around when circumstance warranted it was a wise decision. Glad you had day!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have been over that road twice now, both times equal to the other with nothing but problems.

My first trip was in my Truck with my wife. The new 665 Zumo had me running parts of the NFS roads that I didn't want to ride or drive on, all dirt and lots of dirt.

My second trip was a couple weeks later on my soon to be old DL 1000 Vstrom. On a ride to Santa Cruz CA we came from the North going south on 131 to windy ridge look out and my bike decides to break down. The shifting hub bolt back out of the hub and I got stuck in third gear.

After gimping the bike to Vancouver WA to Pro caliber Motorsports on the day of they agreed to help me out. Come to find out the bolt, on its way out tweeked it' self a little.

Wayne at Pro Caliber wouldn't let me reuse the bolt or use a after market bolt from any where. So I stole the bolt and headed out to a machine shop and had them straighten the bolt out. Got it back to Pro Caliber and was told they didn't want to use it either.

Being that I was 300 Miles from home, I told them to use it, period. Well they did just that, and After chargning me 5.5 hours of labor at 100. a hour for a job that at best would take anyone else 2 hours. :mad:

Bottom line is stay the hell away from Pro caliber Motor sports in Vancouver WA and Wayne Monahan. I look forward to a new BMW LT purchase soon and a new trip across SR 131 to windy ridge.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts