BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I've not logged on for a while. Good to see so many long-standing forum members still keeping the faith!

My lovely 2005 Ocean Blue Lux has just reached 70,000 miles. With new front discs (rotors) needed, new battery, new tyres, a big service coming up, etc, I had a brief look around, just to see whether there were any low-mileage KLTs around in the UK. I've test ridden the 1600 V6 models several times, and I simply don't like them. Heavy, no reverse gear, etc. It's all been said before.

To my surprise, I found a 2008/9 Lux, in mint condition, with just 6,000 miles on the clock. The dealership selling it reckon the previous owner did all those miles in his garage. The bike wasn't even dirty inside the mudguards (fenders)!

Given that they agreed to service and deliver it (from 300 miles away) and it has a full one year warranty including recovery, it made reasonable economic sense to buy the bike and sell mine on.

So, that's under way. I now have the new girl and the old lady is shortly going for sale.

This is my third KLT since 1999, so getting acquainted took all of a mile or so. The new bike has the Navigator III satnav fitted. That's a little bit of a shame, because Garmin have told me this week it can't be updated these days. There's a separate thread running about this on the Forum.

The other gizmo I'd not had before was "ground lighting". Anyone recall why BMW thought this was a bonus? Wins the prize for the most useless accessory, in my view.

But, onwards and upwards. I look forward to a few more years of delight!

Best wishes to you all.

·
Registered
517 Posts
If you don't like it, you can turn it off via the key fob I understand.

I personally think it's neat having a little light to see where you are going to be putting your feet down at night and also like the map light coming on for a little bit. I guess everyone has their own ideas about what works and what doesn't

·
Premium Member
7,615 Posts
If you don't like it, you can turn it off via the key fob I understand.

I personally think it's neat having a little light to see where you are going to be putting your feet down at night and also like the map light coming on for a little bit. I guess everyone has their own ideas about what works and what doesn't
Except mine don't come on until I turn off the key. Mine feet are long down by then.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Well if you've ever put your foot down on a Moccasin snake at night, you would appreciate the light.

I never have.... but thought that to be a pretty good thing to watch out for. :histerica

1 - 4 of 4 Posts