BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am contemplating a trip:

1. Am interested in those that have experienced a rear-drive failure, has anyone experienced a 2nd rear-drive failure on same cycle?

2. Assuming a reasonable dealership, are rear-drive failure parts readily available? (Didn't someone carry a 'spare' rear drive on trip, recently????)

3. Question one (1) begs the question as to whether repaired rear-drive better than factory?

Thanks in advance.

· Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for reassuring words Mark, full well realizing anything can and will go wrong. I have a tendency to 'over-engineer' stuff etc. Just seems like FD failures continue to be a hot subject . . . but then again, clunky shifts, erratic idle, and low-speed front-end wandering are the hot topics on the K-BIKE.COM K1200S forum, and they are not that big a deal!

BTW, liked your answer as to why you buy BMW . . . guess it's because your reasons are also mine! Hard to find the quality in other bikes. FWIW, I have a Yamaha FJR1300AE on order. In case you aren't aware of the AE it's the electronic (pushbutton) shift system. Wonder what your thoughts are?

Best regards,

· Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It looks exciting! But, kinda hard to get excited since I am sure it's going not be much earlier than May of next year. Feel like a traitor but technically speaking quite an innovation . . . but then again Formula racing has had 'tiptronic' for years.

Regards

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.