BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In case anyone is interested or looking to get one....

The Sept and Oct 2012 issues of Cycle World magazine has a Harbor Freight motorcycle lift for $299.99 and the wheel chock for $45!! :dance:

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
BlauBeeMr said:
In case anyone is interested or looking to get one....

The Sept and Oct 2012 issues of Cycle World magazine has a Harbor Freight motorcycle lift for $299.99 and the wheel chock for $45!! :dance:
No HF's here in Canada :(

Garry

·
Premium Member
5,884 Posts
Yeah, I have been wanting to pick one up for that price for many months now, but my problem is that I have no way of getting the darn thing home from the store! It's crated and weigh something like 350 pounds, and I don't know anybody with a pickup.

·
Registered
71 Posts
With the quality of most of the products I have seen come out of HF, I would never even dream of putting my LT on that lift. Good luck to those of you who do.......

·
Registered
820 Posts
DerVerge said:
With the quality of most of the products I have seen come out of HF, I would never even dream of putting my LT on that lift. Good luck to those of you who do.......
I'm not sure which model of lift is being advertised at HF for $299, but, my son and I have a HF lift rated at 1000 lbs. At last count we had a total of 10 motorcycles (admittedly none of them approach the 850 weight of an LT) and have found the lift more than satisfactory for our purposes. No, it is not a "shop quality" lift suitable for heavy, every day use but for most uses it is more than adequate and yes, with the rated weight of 1,000 lbs, I would trust it to handle the LT.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
PadG said:
Yeah, I have been wanting to pick one up for that price for many months now, but my problem is that I have no way of getting the darn thing home from the store! It's crated and weigh something like 350 pounds, and I don't know anybody with a pickup.

Home Depot rents a flat bed for $15 for 90 min .

You do NOT need to put anything from HD (Home Depot) to rent the trailer.

I have used it MANY times and never had a problem.

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,460 Posts
pauleknight said:
Home Depot rents a flat bed for $15 for 90 min .

You do NOT need to put anything from HD (Home Depot) to rent the trailer.

I have used it MANY times and never had a problem.
And U-Haul rents a m/c specific flat bed trailer for ~$16 per day. Nice and low for moving stuff in and out, and tailgate is as wide as the trailer. A couple of those flat deck, four caster wheels, furniture movers makes moving something like the boxed up lift relatively easy. A friend or two helps also.

·
Premium Member
5,884 Posts
Thanks for suggesting renting a trailer guys. I had considered that, but don't have a towing hitch on my car. Figured that I would rent a van for a day. $299 is a good price for the lift, but I had seen the same coupon printed many times in my Motorcyclist magazine, and figure that I will use it when I am ready.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.