BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys;

It seems that my 2820 is dying slowly!!

I was looking at upgrading and the 665 does fit the bill ( need xm radio) but for a unit introduced in 2008 they still want 700.00 dollars!!
Can't believe the price. Has anyone found a lower price, anywhere??

What other models would be suited for the LT which are waterproof and have xm capabilities?

Any suggestions??

Bowdon

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
bowdon said:
Hi Guys;

It seems that my 2820 is dying slowly!!

I was looking at upgrading and the 665 does fit the bill ( need xm radio) but for a unit introduced in 2008 they still want 700.00 dollars!!
Can't believe the price. Has anyone found a lower price, anywhere??

What other models would be suited for the LT which are waterproof and have xm capabilities?

Any suggestions??

Bowdon
I just got a new one from craigslist for $500. It is the Tour Tech model for Harley Davidson, I hope all that means the only difference is that all of the Harley dealers are programmed into it. I'm in the process of learning it. I wanted the xm radio and flexibility to utilize Base Camp for trip planning.

I looked and looked, finally got this deal.

·
Registered
372 Posts
It's worth it!!

Spend the money, you will be much happier with the new unit.

I was shocked to see how much I paid for my 2820. (about $200.00 more) than the 665.

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
If you buy a 665 make sure you test it thoroughly at least 2 months before you need to use it.

I'm on my third unit which finally works as it should.

Bob

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BecketMa said:
If you buy a 665 make sure you test it thoroughly at least 2 months before you need to use it.

I'm on my third unit which finally works as it should.

Bob

I got my 2820 from feetwet for 299.00 four years ago when they had their clearence sale.

If I could find the 665 for around 400-500 that would be great.

No rush for this year but will need one next spring.

Thanks for letting me know about testing before needing.

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
Their turn around time as about 4 weeks.
Inspite of what they tell you, they will send a replacement unit via priority mail.
After I complained about getting a secind defective unit and agin needing it for a long trip, they eventaully offered to sell me a new unit and then credit me the same amount when they received the defective unit.

But, they didn't have any in stock.

A common problem is the unit not finding any MP3 files. One has to turn the unit OFF and then On again

Bob

Oh. even the latest maps are out of date. Before riding to a business, call them to see if they are still at the same location or still in business!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts