BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all;

The SO and I went for a little ride yesterday, to make sure the bike was ready for the trip to CCR 2009.

I put some audiobooks in the Garmin 2820 to see how they sounded. I could hear the story but my wife could not.

I figured that it is the same as the directions through the headsets, I can hear them and she can not.

Is this normal??

We can both hear the radio, CD and the intercom works OK but not the audiobooks.

Any suggestions are appreciated!!!

Regards,
Bowdon

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
Its someting about your intercom, what is it?

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mwnahas said:
Its someting about your intercom, what is it?
I don't think its the intercom, everything works, CD, Radio, Intercom.

Its a VOICE II.

Bowdon

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
well its not your 2820, if it is outputting audio its working. Its up to your intercom to channel the audio to the headsets.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Unfortunately I believe this is normal. The Voice II routes the audio from the GPS unit to the drivers headset only.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
If you have not fixed the problem yet, you may want to try changing the balance from front to back. I had to do this with my 99. Good luck

·
Registered
567 Posts
There is a 3.5 stereo jack on the left side of the 2820. It must plugged into the aux. input of the voice II.

·
Registered
507 Posts
bowdon said:
Hi all;

The SO and I went for a little ride yesterday, to make sure the bike was ready for the trip to CCR 2009.

I put some audiobooks in the Garmin 2820 to see how they sounded. I could hear the story but my wife could not.

I figured that it is the same as the directions through the headsets, I can hear them and she can not.

Is this normal??

We can both hear the radio, CD and the intercom works OK but not the audiobooks.

Any suggestions are appreciated!!!

Regards,
Bowdon
Both you and your passenger should be able to hear stereo output (XM, Audio book, MP3's) from the 2820 using the Aux Jack on the 2820 with a plug into the Aux in on the Voice II. As you probably know, similar to selecting CD as a source, you would toggle the Voice II source to Aux as well.

If you do not use the 2820 Aux jack, as someone above has stated, the 2820 routes mono audio to the driver headset but not the passenger headset. It is likely that your passenger does not hear GPS instructions either.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts